Why Are You Mad? 2/2

Mike walked down the basement steps the next morning, still in his pyjamas. To his girlfriend's blanket fort.

"Elle?" He whispered, attempting to sit in the small fort. "Elle, baby?" El's eyes gently fluttered open, and saw her boyfriend hanging over her.

For a second she forgot she was mad and smiled, then remembered and frowned.

"Elle, why didn't you tell me you were being bullied." He whispered, tears getting clogged up in his throat.

"It didn't matter, I can get through it." She mumbled.

"El, you're being bullied. It matters to me, and to my mom, and the guys. And Nancy and Johnathan. And Joyce, what would Hopper say if he found out your were being bullied?" Mike asked, and tears started going down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry, Mikey." El, brought but her favourite nickname for him (even though his mom calls him that - he prefers Elle calling him that). "Do you want to know the reason why I was mad at you for the past week?" She mumbled, fiddling with her fingers.

"Of course I do. It's been eating me up the whole time." Mike ran his fingers through Elle's hair.

"What happened, 2 years ago last week?" She asked, wiping away the tears.

"You." Mike stopped speaking, remembering how happy he was that day 2 years ago. "You came home, and I've missed the anniversary." El learnt the word after she'd been home for a year (and was dating Mike for 3 months). "I'll make it up to you Elle. I promise." Mike says.

And he knew he was going to keep this promise.
***********************************
Published: Saturday 26th November 2016 ❤
I literally had 4 minutes to get it finished before midnight 😂😂