Chicago

El was sat on the steps in a city she's gone to know as C H I C A G O. She didn't know how it was said, but that's how it was spelt.

When a song played and she was familiar with. The one Will said when they made contact with him.

"If I go there will be trouble, and if I stay it will be double," Joe Strummer, the lead singer of The Clash sang and El let her foot tap as he sang.

She smiled for the first time in a long time, and started humming along with the catchy rhythm.

★★★★★★★

Upset and miserable Mike trailed after Will, Lucas and Dustin as they went into the Chicago Subway.

Will smiled when he saw The Clash singing live, he's loved them since he was tiny, and he still does even though he's still tiny.

Dustin smiled, happy to see Will happy after plastering a fake smile on.

Lucas was dancing to the beat, that Will had taught to the group.

Mike stood at the back of the group, slightly towering over them, when his eyes caught a small girl smiling softly at the band.

He rubbed his eyes and she was still sat there. This can't be real. He saw her disintegrate into black ash. How is she alive?

"Lucas, Dustin, are you seeing what I'm seeing?" Mike said, pushing his friends, hoping it's not another vision.

Dustin looked over to where his face had been pushed and the face stood out more than the hair. Bright and happy, Dustin smiled at the little girl at the other side of the subway.

Lucas felt guilty flood his bones as Elton John took over from The Clash, making Will sigh. As Elton John started singing Your Song.

They could see El mouthing along to the lyrics.

Before they could say anything, Mike was pushing his way through the crowd to get to the lost girl.

Lucas and Dustin hung back, letting Mike reunite with her first, Mike was hit the hardest when she disappeared. He'd fallen for her pretty hard.

★★★★★★★

When Mike had gotten closer to her, he could her her quietly speaking the lyrics. It sounded beautiful.

He crouched at her side and put his hand on her shoulder, and watched with wide, adoring eyes as her curly hair flew around her face as her eyes came into contact with his.

"Mike," she whispered, relief flooding her as she finally saw a familiar face in this unfamiliar city.

Mike sighed with relief, finally finding her. She was here. She was almost home. "El," he said, collapsing onto his legs and he wrapped his arms around her, feeling a piece of his heart finally slot into place.