Shit gets real

The boys leave the shower and get dressed. Nash powers on his phone to check his notifications while Cameron goes into the kitchen and starts cooking breakfast for him and Nash.

Three new messages.

Matthew
Yo bro I hope you're not still mad at Cameron dude he loves you its not the end of the world.

Dad
Hey son just checking up on you.

Hayes
Dude I called you three times why is your phone off?

Nash sighs as he runs his fingers through his hair. What have I actually gotten myself into? Damn if anybody finds out I am screwedHe pushed his phone in his pocket and heads downstairs. He finds Cameron cooking and he tenses up a little bit. Cam sets the food on the table and kisses Nash on the cheek. "I didn't salt the eggs babe do you want salt?" Cameron asks with a smile. Nash shook his head no silently. Cam cocks his head to the side and says, "are you ok, Nash, you've been acting strange this morning." Nash gulps down his orange juice and looks out the window across the room and says "everything's great." Cameron salts his eggs and sits down in his chair. Nash looked at Cameron and said "look, about last night..." And Cameron says, "relax I'm not going to tell anyone" and smiles. Nash eases up his tense body and breaths a sigh of relief and smiles almost nervously and says, "thank you, you're the bestest friend anyone could have." Cameron's smile faded instantly. Nash took note of it and asked what was wrong. Cameron looked at Nash and said, "friend? I'm just a friend?" His heart started sinking. Nash said "No, you're my best friend. You know that." Cam looks at the blue eyed boy and calmly says, " so that's all it was, a hookup?" Nash nervously ran his fingers through his hair and studdered out, "I mean yeah, no, isnt that what it was supposed to be?" Tears began to threaten to spill from Cams eyes. "I thought it actually meant something to you, wow I am so fucking stupid." He gets up and calmly puts his jacket on, trying not to cry in front of Nash, who's currently shaking, uncertain what to say or do. "Where are you going?" Nash's eyes began to sting. Cameron said "out" and walked out the door, leaving Nash standing there, alone.