Two Boys and A Secret

Remember that thing I told you? Something happened...something I couldn't ignore.

My best friend, Chris had snuck through my window. He did that a lot. We would talk all night, and fuck I was crazy about him. But we were just friends, right? He was straight... Right?

" Hey, so I really like this girl..." I said, lying through my teeth.
"Really? Who?"
"Brenda." I said naming the first girl I could think of in my class. He remained silent.
"I don't know how to kiss."
He turned on his side and looked at me and smiled.
"Wanna practice?" As he spoke these words I felt my heart leap. Trying not to be obvious I shrugged.
"I don't know."
"Oh come on," he said softly. "Everybody has to practice before doing the real thing."
"Okay." I said trying hard not to smile. He sat up a little and hovered over me, it felt like everything in me was shaking, the nerves almost too much to bare. He put his hand behind my neck, tingles shot through my body like electricity. He pressed his lips against mine, slowly moving them. It felt so loving. Suddenly my instincts kicked in, the next thing I knew I had ahold of his shirt pulling it to bring him closer, crashing my lips against his, hands wandering his back. Then, it happened. My hands began to burn, my arms felt as though they were tightening, my head felt light and my body was lit with something I can't describe. He moaned and pulled away.
"WHAT WAS THAT?!" He looked afraid.
Realizing what just happened, I started to freak out.
"I...don't know." I looked at my hands.
"Did I hurt you, what's going on...I'm so sorry." I began panicking. He felt of my hands and looked at me and squeezed them, "it's okay, calm down I'm okay," he reassured me. He let go and looked around. "Did you feel it? The electric...thing?" He asked slowly.
"I felt it, I felt so much. I don't know what it was. I think... something's wrong with me." I was trying hard not to cry. What I felt was amazing, but terrifying.
"I don't know what it was, but we probably should keep it between us, we'll figure it out, don't worry." He hugged me for awhile. I took deep breaths and tried my best to calm.

We never spoke of it again. Just gentle glances when strange things would happen. It was our secret, well kept for a long time.