Enchanted Is The Shell Of The Sea

"Okay let's do this."

Suddenly they heard footsteps in the hallway. Nash pulled the blanket off the bed and quickly covered the floor. The door opened.

"Hey Dad, what are you doing here?" Nash said eyes wide.

"Better question, why is Hayes on your bedroom floor on a blanket with you shirtless," Chad said raising an eyebrow and placing a hand on his own hip.

"Oh, uh, we were just roughhousing and yeah that's all."

Chad looked at the two of them suspiciously, "Roughhousing at a time like this?"

Hayes spoke up, "Well he needed a distraction from all this it's been pretty stressful for him you know?"

"Alright, well, I'm going to go talk to the police and ask them for an update," Chad said turning to leave.

"Wait!" Hayes said in a panic. Chad turned back to him and crossed his arms. "yes son?"

"Well, actually we just called a few minutes ago, they're still looking, they said not to bother them a whole lot cause you know they're busy looking for him and stuff."

"Oh, okay, well, I'll wait then," Chad said nodding. "So Nash, can you tell me anything, any reason he might have run away, or any kind of trouble he was in, anything that could help at all?"

Nash shrugged and looked around the room. "Nope, can't think of anything. He was great and then he was gone."

Chad cleared his throat and sighed, "Alright, well if you think of anywhere he might be, you tell me."

"Sure of course," Nash said rubbing his hands.

Chad nodded and walked out the door, leaving it open behind him. As soon as he left the apartment Hayes took a big sigh of relief and plopped backward laying down on the floor.

"That was way too close."

"Hayes, was Dad acting, odd to you? Like different...almost as though he knew something?"

"Yeah, but it's Dad, he acts like he knows everything," Hayes replied with a chuckle.

Nash shrugged and took the blanket off of the floor. "Okay, let's get this over with."

They sat opposite of each other and Nash placed the shell in the center of the circle and they grabbed each other's hands. Hayes nodded to Nash, and Nash reciprocated.

Nash counted to three, and then at the same time him and Hayes uttered,

"Cameron, Cameron, Cameron."

Nash picked the shell up and said, "well that was some bullshit."

Hayes laughed and said, "Oh well we tried." He got up and Nash stretched his back. Then, he put his ear up to the shell.

Suddenly all was dark around him, all that could be heard was the dripping of water...