Chapter 1

"I yearn for the feeling to not feel at all"

Arabella's POV:

They told me dreams don't grow from here, stay alone, count your fears. Somewhere down the line I might figure it out, they don't need to understand.

I breathe heavily as I punch the bag in front of me in anger, I can't understand what I'm feeling, I can't figure it out. I feel anger towards Harry Styles, he ruined my life, I have remembered his face as I was studying him over and over again, looking at that one picture on his file and I just can't forget his face. It's like a nightmare and I can't wake up, his face has been haunting me since he murdered my sister.

Her name was Dahlia and she was as beautiful as the flower my parents named her after. She was so gentle, sweet and loving, she meant everything to me. Dahlia and I were inseparable, she would always light up my face with her warm smile, we were very close to each other and we told each other everything. Dahlia was the closest human being to me, she was like my twin sister, I was 10 months older than her and she always understood me. I swear she always read my mind when I was upset and she would always help me if I have some kind of a problem, if I fought with a friend or a boyfriend, and she was always there to give me advice about anything I asked her. But everything that used to matter, doesn't anymore.

My life was literally ruined when my worst fear came to life, ''Dahlia is dead'' I can still hear my mother saying those three words that made my world crumble to pieces. I could literally feel my heart braking in small pieces when I let the reality sink in and when I was no longer in the denial faze.

After my sister's death, my mother couldn't deal with the pain of the tragic loss so she decided to leave us. I was never too close with my mother and it didn't surprise me when she left us. She is a weak woman and she can't handle this life, my father, my brother and I on the other hand stayed and learned how to deal with the pain instead of running away. We adjusted to this new life and we knew we had to continue living, but not without revenge.

I immediately wanted to find out what happened to my sister and I started the research, my brother hacked into police systems and we found out that Harry Styles, the most dangerous leader of a gang was a prime suspect in my sister's murder although there was no evidence against him and they couldn't arrest him. We knew the plan, we worked hard on it, we trained hard for almost 2 years and now we are ready to destroy him.

I have learned that Harry Styles is a very dangerous man, he is the leader of one of the most notorious gangs in the country called ''The empire'', he is very powerful and he can kill without blinking. He doesn't tolerate disobedience and he kills and tortures people that try to cross him or go against him. Everyone that knows of him, fears him, the government and the police can't even do anything about the situation, they know what he is doing but they don't even make an attempt to try to arrest him because they fear him. Harry Styles has the power to ruin anything he wants with a snap of his fingers and he can get what ever he desires. He always gets what he wants, doesn't matter the cost or the consequences.

''Hey, hey, easy, Ari'' I hear my brother's voice say and I stop punching the bag in front of me as the punching bag still continues dangling in the air. My brother stops it and puts his arms in front of his chest as he looks at me waiting for me to tell him what's going on with me.

I am not talking to him, he is not Dahlia he can't make me spill out my every single thought just with her smile. I shake my head and turn away from him. ''Don't do that'' I say to him angrily and he frowns.

Mike is my younger brother, he is now 15 years old but even though he is younger than me by 2 years, he is still taller and way more buff than me, he thinks that he can use that to his advantage but it doesn't work, he doesn't scare me. Nothing scares me anymore. All I am able to feel since my worst day in my life is pain and anger.

''Talk to me Arabella'' he says and I roll my eyes at him. I have built huge walls around me, protecting me from getting hurt ever again. And I have bottled all my emotions inside of me getting myself prepared for the moment I face Harry. ''No'' is all I say.

He pushes me down on the ground using no strength at all as I look up at him angrily. ''Am I supposed to beat you to make you feel anything?!'' he yells at me and I stand up quickly from the ground ready to attack him. Mike has always been so harsh with me, he has never showed loved towards me and I'm glad because I wouldn't be able to return it. I only know that he cares for me and wants to protect me.

I run towards him tackling him to the ground as he falls with a grunt. I sit on his stomach and fold my hands in tight fists as I hit him in his cheek. I go for another hit but he grabs my wrist and turns us around, making me lay on the ground and he on top of me. He grabs my throat and holds me harshly, preventing me from breathing. ''Now what? You think you can defend yourself if you're emotionless?'' he asks me angrily and I raise my leg and kick him, making him fall on the ground next to me and giving me a chance to catch my breath. I bend down and take the knife from one of my combat boots as I run towards him. "Do not underestimate me" I say to him as I put the knife on the shirt just where his heart is beating right now.

''Do not mistake my boredom for weakness, I am perfectly able to defend myself against Harry Styles'' I say, I catch myself that I'm saying his name with so much hatred and I know I can't control it.

''Arabella'' I hear my father's strict voice as he glares at me, I stand off of Mike and put my knife back in my boot. ''Do you still have your fake ID?'' he asks me and I nod at him. ''Get ready, you are going to a club tomorrow night'' he says as he starts walking out of the gym and I follow after him. This gym has become my second home, I spend every day here training as my focus all my anger on the punching bags. It has helped me a lot to manage my anger as well and I'm glad for it because the frustrations I feel inside of me would have killed me from inside.

''Why?'' I ask him as he walks in the office and sits behind his desk, I take a sit on the one of the couches in front of him. ''Harry will be there, observe him from afar do not make contact'' he warns me, knowing very well that when I see him I would get an inhuman urge to kill him. I scoff at what he says and he glares at me again. ''You know I want to kill him'' I say harshly. ''That is why your brother is coming with you, to make sure you behave'' he tells me.

''If I have a clear shot, I don't understand why I can't kill him right then and there'' I say to him, angrily. ''Because our goal is not to kill him, Arabella, we want to find evidence of him killing Dahlia and prove to the police so they can put a stop to him once and for all'' he explains to me and I roll my eyes.

That night it was hard for me to fall asleep as I didn't want to close my eyes and experience the nightmares again. His face has been haunting my dreams for the past 2 years and I started getting used to just sleeping for one or two hours, it was enough for me.

I sigh as I stare at myself in the mirror, I'm wearing a black simple skater dress, but I look so innocent. My brown hair is in loose curls and my make up is simple, just a little foundation, highlighter, eyeliner and some lipstick. I have a frown on my face that has been there for way too long and doesn't seem to go away any time soon.

''Ready?'' my brother asks me as he appears in my room and I nod at him as I put on my high heels and we both get out of our house ready to see Harry Styles in real life for the first time.