Chapter 28

Chapter 28

''Blame it on the night''

Arabella's POV:

My mind becomes dizzy and I know I am drunk now, after the tequila shots everything starts to become blurry, everything seems funnier and more interesting and my mind is in overdrive. "You're drunk, aren't you?" Harry asks me and I laugh. "Nooo" I say to him and he laughs at me. "Let's get you out of here" he says and I shake my head. "Not before I pee" I say to him and he looks at me amused. "Go pee, I'll pay for this" he says and I stand up.

I know realize that I can't walk in a straight line as I go to the bathroom, I finish peeing and wash my hands, I check myself into the mirror and see everything is fine with my make up. I am having a really good time with Harry and I'm actually having fun, I forgot how it was like to live as a normal person.

I get out of the bathroom and see Dylan in front of me, he smiles when he sees me and I hug him. "Hey, how are you?" I ask him. "I'm good, yeah, we graduated and now I basically don't know what to do with my life" he says to me, slurring his words, he is very drunk since he decided to tell me his life story. "You seemed to disappear, Ari" he says to me. "Well you know I finished school earlier so I moved-" I start to say but he interrupts me.

"I saw you with Harry Styles, you haven't moved town, I'm betting you're in his gang. What the hell are you doing? Selling drugs?" He asks me, he seems very upset. I don't know if I'm imagining him saying this or if he's really saying it. How does he know Harry? "No, I-" I start to say but he cuts me off again. "Is this about your sister? Did her death make you go down the wrong path?" He asks me and I look at him weirdly, he seems to have two heads right now. "No, I'm not selling drugs" I say to him.

"Is he forcing you? You can come with me, I'll call the cops" he says as he grabs my hand ready to drag me with him. "Let go of me" I say to him but he doesn't, he just keeps holding me, I guess he didn't think I was seriously telling him to let go of me because I'm slurring my words. "Let's go, Ari before he notices you disappeared" he says to me, I'm way to drunk for this. I push him away and turn to walk away, I am not going to explain myself to him, he means nothing to me.

When he grabs my wrist and turns me around, I slap him, hard and everyone around us look at us. I see Harry next to Dylan in less than a second, he presses his gun to Dylan's head. "Let go of her" Harry says, threateningly and Dylan lets me go. "You don't have to do this, she is not the kind of person that would work for you" Dylan says to Harry. "I'm not working for him" I say to him. "Shut the fuck up and stay away from her" Harry says as he lets go of him and pushes him against the wall.

He puts his gun in the back of his jeans and we both walk out of that place, many people saw us and they might call the cops. "Are you okay?" Harry asks me, once we're in his car and he starts driving it. "Still drunk" I say to him and he turns over to me and smiles. "I'm hungry, can we go eat, Harry?" I basically whine as he looks over at me and nods. "Sure" he says.

After a few minutes he pulls in Mcdonald's drive through and orders lots of food, more than enough, he picks it up and continues to drive. "Do you want to go home or?" He asks me and I shake my head. "I want to go to my house" I say and he looks at me confused. "Why would you want to go back there?" He asks me. "I want to take some stuff" I say to him and he nods. "Fine, I'll take you" he says and continues driving.

Harry parks his car a few blocks away from the house and he follows me to the back of the house. He tries to open our back door but I stop him. "Come through here" I whisper to him. "Back doors are the easiest way to break in, you know that" he whisper yells at me. " I used to sneak out all the time" I whisper to him and climb on the lower roof of our house, he climbs as well and I open the window of my bedroom.

I trip and fall on my floor and start laughing so hard and when Harry comes in after me and looks at me, he just shakes his head and then laughs at me. "You're so clumsy" he says as I stand up from the floor. "No, I'm drunk" I say to him and open my wardrobe. I take my duffel bag and put some clothes in it that I missed, I take a couple of books from my shelves, I open one of my drawers and take a few pairs of underwear.

Harry licks his mouth as he watches me and I just roll my eyes and put them in the duffel bag, he smirks at me. I go to my table and take my gun from under it, I put it in the back of my jeans and I open one of my floor boards and take out the set of knives my father gave me for my birthday.

"Nice hiding place, very obvious though" he says and I shrug. "People don't seem to be looking in the obvious places anymore" I say to him as I put the set of knives in my duffel bag. I take off the picture that is on the wall and see my safe behind it. "Again, obvious place but smart" Harry says as he comes closer to me. "It says here try again, someone has been trying to access it" Harry says and I chuckle at him. "Good luck guessing the combination" I say to him. "I'm betting something obvious so your sister's birthday" he says and I shake my head.

"Every hiding place here is very obvious so why should I make the passcode for the safe obvious as well" I say to him. "It's just random numbers" I say and put in the passcode. 17-03-09 and the safe opens. "What is that?" He asks me.

"It's a folder with the evidence we gathered on my sister's murder, I want to look at it again" I say as I put the folder in the duffel bag as well. "Why didn't you keep your information in your lap top? Folders are so old" he comments. "Laptops are easy to hack" I say and take my duffel bag.

Harry turns around to go through the window but I stop him. "No, we're going downstairs and I'm raiding my father's secret stash" I say to Harry and he looks at me confused. We go downstairs quietly, everything is dark and there is no sound or movement, that's how we know we're alone in here.

I go to my father's office and go behind his desk, his passcode on the safe is easy and I open it and take out my father's oldest scotch. Harry just looks at me and I shake the bottle, showing him what I took and smile at him.

I go in the kitchen, open our fridge and take out a bottle of vodka, I open it and take a drink, and then I start pouring it around the kitchen and I go to my father's office but a hand stops me. "What are you doing?" Harry asks me. "Scorching the place, no one will miss it" I say to him and smile at him. "You're not burning the place down, Arabella" Harry says to me and I look at him with furrowed eyebrows.

"What do you mean? I thought we were partners in crime" I whine at him. "Like batman and robin" I say to him and he looks at me amused. "You're obviously robin, I'm the real shit" I say to him and take a sip of the bottle, he just laughs at me.

"Did you just say that you're the 'real shit'?" Harry asks me and still laughs at me. "Or more like batman and catwoman? Yeah, I think that would be more fun" I say to him as he drags me out of the back door. "We should make ourselves masks" I continue talking as he puts me in the car and goes to the driver's side and gets in.

"Oh we should have turned on the alarm so my father knows I've broke into his house and stole something" I slur my words as I face palm myself. "I can just imagine the stupid look on his face when he realizes, oh Dahlia and I used to prank him so good, he always thought it was Mike" I say and laugh at myself. "You obviously don't remember, you weren't there but it was funny" I say and Harry looks over at me. "Yeah, we didn't know each other then" he says to me and I nod.

"Do you want to go home now? It's almost 3 AM" Harry asks me and an idea pops into my mind. "No, let's go to the beach" I say to him.