Chapter 24

Chapter 24

"My heart, it will start to shine and I will be alright''

Arabella's POV:

I put on one of Harry's tee shirts that I find in his wardrobe and a pair of knickers on me, as I wait for Harry to finish blow drying his hair. I walk in the kitchen to start making the breakfast for us because I see that the maids, the servants and the cook are still not here. I decide to make pancakes for us and take out the needed ingredients for that as I put them on the counter.

''It certainly is a good morning'' I hear Harry's raspy voice, I take out two cups from the cabinets and pour tea in both of them as I turn my head around to look at him. ''Hello'' I say to him and smile at him. ''What are you making?'' he asks me. ''Pancakes'' I say. ''My sister taught me'' I add and smile.

''I'm glad you have good memories of her'' he says to me. ''Of course I have good memories, she was my sister'' I say to him as I pour the substance in the frying pan to start making the pancakes. ''Well for example when my dad died, I felt like I needed a closure and I couldn't get it because he was dead, I had no more chances with him'' he explains. ''What kind of a closure?'' I ask him. ''We take people for granted Arabella, we don't use our time with them to the fullest and when they die we feel like we haven't had enough time with them, we want more'' he explains and I turn around as I lean on the counter and look at him.

''That is why as humans we are not satisfied with anything, we're greedy, we crave for more, always'' he says. ''When I fought with my father, I wished for a better father, when he died, I wished he would still be here to give me advice. We always want more than we deserve'' he says and I take the cup of tea and give it to him, he takes it as he watches me, waiting for me to say something.

''I mean I understand that she's dead and I still want closure, but not the type you just explained. I just think that I will find closure when I find out who was responsible'' I say to him. ''And kill him?'' Harry finishes the sentence for me and I look at him. ''You think that will help you get over her death, but it won't. I'm giving you space to grieve on your own, but you're doing it wrong'' he says to me, he watches how I react to the things he's saying, I'm just calm. ''What?''

''You just keep your anger stored in places and wait to use it against the person who killed her. That's not getting over someone and I promise you, it won't make you feel better'' he says to me and I look down. ''He's my father and I promise you he won't be missed by anyone, he's selfish and an awful person, I hate him'' I say to him as I turn around and continue with the pancakes.

''You're angry'' he says. ''I'm not angry!'' I yell and realize I really am angry, I turn around and look at him. ''Take a walk, I'll finish this'' he says to me and I leave the kitchen and go outside through the back door and in the back garden.

He really didn't have to mention this to me and we didn't have to start having this conversation. This morning could have been calm for us without him stirring unnecessary emotions inside of me. I breathe in and out calmly and watch his back garden, this is by far my favorite place in this house that Harry owns. I watch the dahlias here and they're so calm, I need to be calm I don't want this storm of emotions inside of me.

I decide to go back after 15 minutes and I go in the kitchen, I look at Harry he seems finished with the breakfast and he turns around and looks at me, he stays silent, waiting for me to speak first.

''I'm sorry'' I say as I lean on the counter. ''It's okay, if you don't want to talk about this we won't'' he says and I nod. ''Harry, where is your staff?'' I ask him. ''I gave them a little break and us a little privacy'' he winks at me and comes closer to me.

I look up at his beautiful face and he smirks at me as his hands find their way to my ass, he leans in to kiss me and squeezes my ass tightly, making me open my mouth and allow his tongue entrance. He then moves his hands a little bit further down and lifts me up as he puts me on top of the counter and stands behind my legs before breaking our kiss.

I put my hand in his hair and move it gently through his soft curls as he looks at me in the eyes. ''Let's eat, I want to take you somewhere later'' he says and I furrow my eyebrows. ''Where?'' I ask him as I hop off the counter and sit on one of the bar stools that are connected with the long island table. ''You will have to wait to see'' he says and I roll my eyes at him. ''Did you just roll your eyes at me?'' he asks me and I take one of the pancakes as I pour syrup on them. I just look at him and don't answer him as he stares back at me.

''Harry?'' I say as I take a bite of the pancake. ''Yeah?'' he asks me. ''Doesn't it bother you that I'm living in your house?'' I ask him. ''What?'' he asks. ''I'm living here for free, doesn't it bother you?'' I ask him again. ''I have more money than I know what to do with them and this house gets lonely sometimes'' he says to me. ''What's the point of having a kingdom when you don't have someone to share it with'' he says to me and I look at him and smile.

After we finish eating breakfast, we went to our rooms to get dressed, I put on black skinny jeans and a sweater and then I went downstairs where Harry waited for me. We went in one of his beautiful cars and he started driving. ''I love your cars'' I say to him and he smiles. ''Me too'' he says.

I hear his phone ringing and when he takes out his phone, he furrows his eyebrows when he looks at the caller ID, he looks at me before answering the phone. ''What?'' he asks almost as if he's angry at the person who called him. ''Right now?'' he asks the person on the other end of the phone. ''I can't come right now, I'm busy'' Harry says and looks over at me. ''Is she okay?'' he asks. I wonder who he's talking to and what are they talking about. ''No, don't panic that's normal'' he says, Harry tries to be calm I can see him. ''No she doesn't know'' he says before looking at me again. ''Okay, I'm not going to tell her right now'' he says, is he talking about me? ''Well can't she go to her parent's house?'' he says after a long pause, he sighs. ''Okay they can come to my place for a few days, but after that you'll have to find an apartment or something, I don't want that much noise in my house'' Harry says, frustrated. ''I know this is a big mistake, okay call me when everything is over'' he says before hanging up.

''Who was that?'' I ask him. ''My uhh- it was my brother'' he says. ''What happened? Is he in trouble?'' I ask him again. ''Something like that'' Harry says. From what I've learnt, Miles tends to get himself in trouble often. I just don't understand why Harry doesn't trust me enough to tell me what's wrong. ''Is he okay?'' I ask him. ''He's fine, he is just a stupid teenager'' Harry says. ''What did he do?'' I ask him. ''I can't tell you Arabella'' he says.

''You know you can trust me'' I say to him. ''I suggest you shut your mouth before I make you'' he says angrily and I stay quiet. ''You can take me home and go to him if he needs you'' I say to Harry quietly. ''It's fine'' is all he says.

Harry parks his car and we both get out, all I see is a barn in front of us and I'm very confused. ''Where are we?'' I ask him. ''Shooting range'' he says and smiles at me, I'm relieved to see that he's calm now. A guy in his mid thirties gets out of the barn and approaches us. ''Harry!'' he says and smiles at us, they hug when they see each other. ''Arabella, this is Ben, he was my father's friend'' Harry says.

Ben stretches his hand out and I shake it, he brings my palm to his lips and kisses it. ''Such a beautiful lady you have here'' Ben says and I smile and look at Harry, he just smirks at me. ''Come on inside'' Ben says and we follow him inside the barn. I see targets in the background and guns scattered all around the table.

''My son has got to see this'' Ben says and I look at him confused. ''See what?'' Harry asks him. ''Her face, he is going to want it'' Ben says and I furrow my eyebrows. ''What?'' I ask him. ''Ben's son is an artist, he just meant he is going to want to draw your face'' Harry explains. ''Well have fun'' Ben says and leaves the barn.

''Do you like him?'' Harry asks jokingly. ''He's creepy'' I say and Harry laughs. ''Let's shoot''