Chapter 22

Chapter 22

''Don't underestimate the allure of darkness, even the purest hearts are drawn to it''

Arabella's POV:

I went to bed quiet early today, I just wanted to sleep and get my mind off of all the craziness from the day, I just didn't want to think about Harry and his drama anymore, I don't understand him and I am afraid that he will never show himself to me and help me understand him. He never told me what the issue was and I couldn't make him talk to me because he was so angry and threatened to kill me.

I wanted to sleep, I was exhausted, but after half an hour of me just turning into my bed, I furiously take the covers off of me and just sit up in bed. I can't fall asleep, I have so much going on in my mind, I'm overwhelmed with different kind of thoughts and emotions and it is making me even more exhausted. I decide I will make myself a cup of tea and maybe I'll sleep better after that.

But as I walk past the glass back door I see him, turned with his back to me and standing outside. I want to go over there and talk to him, I want to make things right with him, want us to figure things out together, I want to remind him of everything we can have so he could make up his mind faster, but my feet continue to move towards the kitchen.

I decide to make him a cup of tea as well and when I finish I take the two cups and go outside, I don't know what it is but something doesn't let me walk further towards him. "I know you're there Arabella" he says to me suddenly and I jump in surprise, I don't know how he knows every time that I'm here.

"I didn't want to bother you, I'll go" I say and turn around to walk back inside. "Stay" he says and it gives me so much hope that there is a chance for us. "I couldn't sleep" I say to him and sit down on one of the chairs around the table, he hasn't turned around to look at me yet. "Me neither" he says.

''I can't afford to lose anyone else, Harry'' I say to him quietly and when I see that he is ignoring me, I decide to not mention anything else to him about this topic because he will get angry again and we will yell at each other, I don't want that to be us.

"Well I made you tea" I say to him and put the cups on the table, taking s sip from my cup. My eyes travel down to his hand and see he is still holding the bottle from earlier today, and the liquor inside of it is almost gone, I frown at him. "Already have a drink" he says and turns around towards me as he waves with the bottle.

"Harry, you have drank so much, how far are you going to take this?" I ask him as he looks at me, he doesn't look angry now, he just looks like he thinks what I said is funny. "How far would you like me to take you?" He asks me and smirks at me. "Why are you still drinking? There's no point" I say to him, annoyed that he wouldn't take me seriously. "I'm celebrating" he says to me and sits down in front of me as he takes another sip from the bottle of whiskey. "And what's the occasion?" I ask him and cross my arms in front of my chest.

"My failure" he says and chuckles as if what he said was funny. "What did you fail Harry?" I hate that he's not giving me full answers and that makes me question him even more. "Myself mostly" he says to me. "Why are you like this? Can you be serious for a moment?" I ask him and he smirks at me.

"Lose the frown Arabella, sadness doesn't look good on you" he says to me and I look down. "I hate you sometimes, Harry" I say to him, getting more and more frustrated with his behavior. "Well get in queue sunshine, I hate me all the time" he says, his words are slurred and I can barely even understand what he's saying to me. "Harry tell me what's going on please, I can't understand you when you talk like this" I say to him, trying to stay calm.

"Arabella you're too much of a responsibility for me okay? I have seen you try to make me open up to you and I have caught myself attaching to you and liking you even more" he explains and takes another sip from his bottle. "I still don't see the problem" I say to him.

"I don't want to have someone I care about! I don't want to have a weakness that can be used against me! Listen to me when I talk to you!" He starts yelling out of nowhere and I jump from the chair as I look at him. "I have so many fucking enemies and if they figure out that I'm getting close to you, they will hurt you" he says to me and turns around. "Fuck!" He yells as he throws the bottle against the wall and it crashes into a million little pieces, just like my heart in this moment.

I feel scared of him, just like I did the first day I was in this house because I didn't know him and I haven't seen this side of Harry either, so I guess I don't really know him as much as I thought I did. Harry is a million pieces of a puzzle that I have to figure out and solve.

"Harry you're scaring me" I don't want him to know that but I can't think of a better way to calm him down right now. "What don't you understand Arabella! I don't want to be with you" he says. "Harry this is not fair, you want to protect yourself so badly and that is why you are letting me go" I say to him as he grabs my wrist tightly and looks at me angrily.

"I am pushing you away from me because I want to protect the both of us!" He yells and squeezes my wrist harshly. "You don't understand what it's like because you are not used to my life and the danger in it! And you can never understand as long as you are this naïve!" He continues to yell, he is so consumed with anger that he doesn't realize he has been squeezing my wrist harder and harder and I feel like he's going to break it.

I try yanking my hand away from him but he just holds it even more tightly. "You don't know how it's like!" He yells at me again and I wince in pain. "Harry please, you're hurting me" I say to him quietly and he looks down at our hands, when he realizes what he has done, he lets go of me immediately and furrows his eyebrows.

"You can explain it to me" I say to him, rubbing my sore wrist as he looks at me, his eyes softening slowly, they're not filled with anger anymore. "I was in your position, when my father was the leader, I was his weakness, I was the only one he cared about" he says to me and I look up at him.

"And one day, while I was 14 years old, some of my father's enemies kidnapped me, they kept me locked up for days and barely gave me any food, they were blackmailing my father, they sent him different parts of some other human body to make him think they were doing this to me" he explains as my eyes fill with tears.

"My father and his people infiltrated the place where they kept me and rescued me but from then on, he started being cold towards me and he made me like this, he taught me to be the person I am today, he wouldn't let me be soft, and he wouldn't let me care for anyone so that I wouldn't experience the pain he felt while I was kidnapped" he says, Harry really surprised me that he opened up to me this way, maybe because he is drunk but this story tells me even more information about Harry. Even more pieces of the puzzle.

"I can handle myself Harry" I say to him and walk towards him to stay in front of him. "All you have to do is trust me and let me in" I say and put my hands on his cheeks as he looks in my eyes. "It's okay to care, Harry. No one is going to hurt you" I say slowly. "Let me teach you how to love again" I say to him softly and he attaches his lips to mine.