Chapter 14

''You make it look like it's magic''

Arabella's POV:

When I woke up, I found myself in my bed, I guess Harry moved me here after last night. All day I have been sitting in my room and doing nothing, mostly thinking about what my life turned out to be. I was supposed to live a normal teenage life, I deserve it, but somehow I got into a huge mess that included in me knowing how to fight, learning how to use a gun, wanting to kill someone, being kidnapped, being tortured and now used as a bait. So much messed up stuff happened that this is actually the new normal for me. A normal human being would be traumatized of the suffering like the one I endured, I don't like what my life has become and for the longest time I encouraged myself that this is what I'm supposed to do, that this is the right thing and that I have to do this for Dahlia. I want to be free now, I don't want this burden heaving me, I don't want to be angry all the time and filled with hatred, I want my life back.

Zany came into my room in the morning to bring me a tray with food but I haven't touched it, then he came in the afternoon with another tray and a frown on his face when he saw I didn't eat anything. The tray was sitting on the bedside table for hours now and if Zayn comes back again with dinner he would be so disappointed. He tried to talk to me but all I gave him were short answers that consisted of 'yes', 'no' and 'I don't know' so he gave up eventually. My mind is so occupied today that I can't think straight, it is fogged with different kinds of thoughts and I'm contemplating if I should let Dahlia go or not, if all this was worth it. Was my life worth for this? I ruined myself for this and I am not even satisfied with the results.

A knock on the door makes my head turns towards it and Zayn opens the door but his hands are empty. ''Why are you not eating, Arabella?'' he asks me, with a frown on his face. ''I'm not hungry today'' I say him and give him a little smile to assure him I'm fine. ''Well, Harry wants to have dinner with you tonight'' he says and I furrow my eyebrows. ''Why?'' I ask him. ''I don't know, he just wants your company I guess'' he says to me, I know he's hiding something from me, I can feel it. ''Did you tell him I'm not eating?'' I ask him and cross my arms in front of my chest as I look at him angrily. ''Maybe. Get off of bed and start getting ready'' he says changing the subject. ''I don't want to go, tell Harry I'm sleeping'' I say to him, not moving myself from the bed. ''Arabella I will get Harry to make you get off of bed, you know he will'' Zayn threatens and I roll my eyes as I push the covers away from my body. ''If this dinner ends up in us killing each other, it's your fault'' I say to him as I go in the bathroom to take a shower.

I don't understand why I decided to put on a dress for tonight, it's not like we're going out, we will be having dinner in the house. But when I saw the dress I really liked it so I decided to put it on. I put just a little foundation and mascara on me to look at least presentable but who am I kidding? Harry has seen me in my worst and when I was the most vulnerable so I shouldn't even make an attempt.

The guards lead me to the dining room and my mouth opens when I see the beautiful decorations in the room. I don't know why a man who lives alone must have such a huge table, the table is meant for 24 people as it has 12 chairs on each side. The table is filled with amazing food and it smells delicious here, the candles on the table make it even more beautiful. Harry smiles at me when he sees me, for the first time, he actually smiles, making his dimples evident on his cheeks, he looks rather cute thus making him a couple of years younger.

''Hello, beautiful'' he says to me in his British accent and I see that the guards left us alone in the room. I walk slowly towards the table and sit on the chair opposite of him. ''This is really beautiful Harry, you didn't have to do this'' I say quietly as he watches my every movement, like I'm a prey and he just waits to hunt me down. I know the sparkle in his eyes makes them even more beautiful but I know he is the devil and I know he will ruin me, I can see it in him.

''I want to know you'' he says slowly and I look at him. The doors of the dining room open and two servants come in each one of them placing a plate with salad in it, I thank him and they don't say anything as they walk out of the door, shutting the room. ''What do you want to know?'' I ask him, I decide to be polite with him if that is the only way. If I am rude and show him attitude, he will start screaming at me and he will surely hurt me, I can't endure any more pain.

''You seemed to know everything about my family and me I have no idea how but then again you are Harry Styles, you always get what you want'' I say to him calmly. ''I have found out everything about you because you intrigued me when I first saw you in that club'' he says. ''I want to know how you think and feel, those files can't give me that'' he adds as I continue eating the delicious salad.

''I had a carefree childhood, the kind of childhood every kid deserves, of course that depends on people you're surrounded with, now that I think about it, everything seemed normal then, we were a normal family, living ordinary lives'' I explain to him. ''And now?'' he asks. ''For the most part of my grown up years I was focused on killing someone, I focus all my anger towards that one person and I was so filled with hatred and anger, my mind became foggy, I couldn't think clearly'' I say to him and he leans against the chair and keeps looking at me intensely, he doesn't show any emotion, I can't read him easily and I think he can't do that as well, that is why he asked to get to know me, our minds are too hard to figure out. He doesn't even look offended when I told him I wanted to kill him, but I don't bother lying about that, I really did want to kill him and there is no point in not telling him the truth, he already knows this and I'm stuck here with him until he finds a way to revenge my father.

''Are you still filled with desires to kill me?'' he asks me, normally when someone tells a person they want to kill them, the person looks scared and begs for their life but with Harry is different, he doesn't fear me, there is no sign of fear in his life and I didn't expect anything less from Harry Styles given his reputation. But then again, I don't fear death as well, he could kill me right here if he wants and I wouldn't be scared, the only thing that scares me is the man in front of me and nothing else. ''I don't trust you and I want to confront my father, I resent you for not letting me go and kill him'' I say to him and he smirks at me. ''You say you don't trust me but you want to kill him, which means you had doubts about the death of your sister and you believed me when I told you I didn't kill her'' Harry explains and I lean my hands against the table as I look at him.

''I believed you because no one ever showed me proof that you killed her and you didn't have a motive to kill her. She couldn't piss you off enough to kill her she was the nicest person I have ever known'' I say to him, the servants from before came in the room again and took our plates with the half eaten salad, placing another set of plates with the delicious food and they take out a bottle of wine which they pour inside our glasses. I wait for them to leave and close the door, they don't have to hear our conversation, it's none of their business. ''I think that you weren't able to trust a single person from the moment your sister died, not even your own family and you had enough of it, I think that you need to trust me otherwise you'll go mad'' he says to me as I take a sip from the delicious wine, I don't care what he thinks, nor did I ask for his opinion. ''Are we here so you can do a psychology analysis about me?'' I ask him as he starts eating his food. ''No. We're here so I can understand you Arabella. In my 25 years I have never met a person who crossed me and didn't end up dead, yet you come here in my life and I couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger'' he confesses and my I bite my lip, not believing what he just said to me, I can't believe that he would confess that, he manages to surprise me every time. ''So that is why you hurt me, you wanted to kill me but you couldn't so instead to justify yourself you tortured me so you can feel better about yourself. You couldn't believe you couldn't kill me that is why you tortured me mercifully until I broke'' I tell him with tears in my eyes.

''You really do love her, don't you'' he says to me and I finish the glass of wine, I'm not hungry anymore and this wine helps with the situation. ''She is the one that saved me from you'' I say as he takes out the bottle of wine and fills my glass again. ''What do you mean?'' he asks me as I take the glass of wine in my hand. ''She was the one that saved me when you tortured me, she helped me make the decision and when I told you what you wanted to know the pain stopped'' I tell him as I drink the wine.

''You thought that you could survive me in that room and you didn't want to feel guilty when you told me, that is why you imagined her telling you it was okay to tell me your secret. I admit you are brave and determined but you are not strong, that is why I managed to break you sweetheart, you are weak and utterly under my mercy''