Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Arabella's POV:

''Hearts heal and sadness fades, but memories are forever. Although we weren't meant to be, love will be our memory''

Jake turns the car in front of a house and I look at it from outside. It is a cute little house, I can see it's two stories high and I get out of the car to get in the house to see how it's like. I see two bodyguards in front of the house, they are huge and buff and look really scary, I really don't need them. No one knows I'm staying here anyways.

I walk through the door and see the house has cute little decorations, it reminds me of our lake house that we had with our family; it is simple and I really like it. "Here is your bag" Jake says and I turn around to look at him. "Thank you" I say and he nods. "The fridge is full so you wont have to go to the grocery store" he says and I nod.

"If you need anything please feel free to contact me at any time, don't go anywhere alone it's not safe, Harry's rules" he says. "Okay" I say and he nods. "You have four bodyguards two up front and two in the back of the house they will be here 24/7 for your safety" he says and I nod again. "I really don't need them" I say. "Harry's orders, there's nothing I can do" he says. "Goodbye now" he says before leaving and I wave at him.

I take my bag and walk up stairs, I see there are two bedrooms both with king sized beds and I decide on the one with the en-suite bathroom and the walk in closet. I put my bag on the bed and take out my gun as I put it under my nightstand just in case. I walk downstairs and put the gun Harry gave me, under the coffee table.

I unpack my bag and put everything in the walk in closet as I take the important files and documents and put them under the bed before I find a better hiding place. I walk downstairs and go in the kitchen, I look around and see there are bottles of wine.

I take one, I take a glass and I walk in the living room as I sit on the couch, I turn on the tv, wrap myself in the blanket I found on the couch and pour myself a glass of wine. I just want to have a glass to relax me a little bit, I'm feeling tense and heartbroken, I need to chill for a couple of hours and I need to be distracted.

I have been watching 2 broke girls for a couple of hours now, I think I'm on season three and I just started. I know I'm already drunk, the one glass turned from another-glass-of-wine-won't-hurt-anyone to screw it, I have nothing to do anyways. Everything seems funny now, I know the show is hilarious but when I start seeing two heads on the characters that's when I know I'm drunk.

This seems to distract me and I feel way more relaxed but I shouldn't have done this, I haven't gotten drunk since the night Harry and I made love. Harry has been the best thing that has ever happened to me since my sister's death and I deserved to have someone like him in my life.

Too bad it ended like this, now I have another bad memory in my life, nothing good can ever happen to me. I don't regret giving him a chance, honestly and giving myself to him completely, I just thought we had more time. I feel like everything happened so quickly and what we had was so short, just a couple of months together.

It's not fair that my fairytale ended so quickly, I was so overwhelmed I didn't even have time to enjoy it like I should have had. Now I have to find a distraction so that I don't think about my pain and I know exactly what I'm going to do.

I'm going to go over every document and file and information I found about my sister, I'm going to do a good research and I'm going to start from the beginning. My father did most of the research back then, he probably gave me false information but I have to go over it again to know what happened.

Maybe I was too blinded by Harry to see, maybe he did kill Dahlia and he was just lying to me, I was too quick to believe him, he just showed me one picture of him on that date and I believed him. Maybe I looked past him because I wanted to get to know him better, he seemed mysterious.

My phone rings and I take it from the table in front of me, I see an unknown number and I answer it. ''Arabella?'' I hear Miles' voice and I smile. ''Heeeeey'' I don't know why I said it like that, it seems so immature. ''How are you?'' he asks me. ''I was just lost in my thoughts about how mysterious Harry is but now I know'' I slur my words, I just wanted to say that I'm okay but my brain disagreed with my mouth and I said something totally different.

''Are you drunk?'' he asks me and I giggle. ''The funny thing is I knew that was your next question, I- maybe'' I say and take a sip from the wine. ''Harry don't-'' I hear Miles' voice. ''Where are you?'' I recognize Harry's panicked voice and I laugh. ''You know exactly where I am, where are you?'' I ask him. ''At home'' he says, like it's obvious.

''Well then I'm at home too but don't look for me, I'm at a different home'' I say to him and I laugh. ''When did you have the time to drink?'' he asks me. ''I just poured one glass of wine but it turned into more'' I say and I hear a sigh on the other end of the phone. ''Are you alone?'' he asks, cautiously.

''No, I'm with my two broke girls, we have been hanging out for the past couple of hours'' I say. ''Who?'' he asks and I groan. ''No one, you're so boring'' I say to him. ''Is anyone there Arabella?'' he asks me. ''No'' I say and there is silence. ''Because if there is, the bodyguards in front of your door will tell me'' he threatens and I roll my eyes.

''So that's why you have them? To spy on me?'' I ask him. ''No, it's for your protection'' he says. ''Arabella I'm coming over, you might do something stupid'' he says. ''No, I don't want you, I mean- I don't want you here'' I blurt out and all I hear is silence. ''I get it'' he says and I look down.

''This conversation is too long and you don't deserve to talk to me'' I say. ''Arabella wait-'' I hear his voice but I hang up. I can't talk to him or listen to his voice, that just makes me even more sad.

I wanted it to be easy, why can't Harry just be a normal guy so we could have a normal relationship? Why does he have to be so messed up? I look at the ring on my hand that he gave me. He didn't keep his promise that he made me, he didn't help me heal, he just made me even sadder.

When something like this happened, when I needed an advice for a boy or I was sad about something, my sister would always be there for me to give me the best advices and to make me smile. Now, I lost Dahlia and Harry, the two most important people in my life.