Chapter 45

Chapter 45

A couple weeks have passed and I have been doing the same thing over and over again, waking up, eating, taking a nap, talking with Evelyn, talking to Harry, getting fat but still exercising a little and then the same all over again. The sadness is still there, but I don't have tears anymore.

A noise wakes me up in the middle of the night and I wake up frustrated because someone woke me up in the middle of the night. I barely manage to get up and go downstairs to see what's happening. Everything is dark and quiet so I go in the kitchen to warm some milk because I wouldn't be able to go to sleep again.

I hear crashing this time and I jump in fear as I take one of the knifes next to me and go towards the noise. I see an unfamiliar guy dressed in black and staring me, scared that he got caught.

''Who are you?'' I ask him as he reaches for his gun, but I go towards him and put my knife against his throat as I slam him to the wall. ''Who are you?! What are you doing here?!'' I yell angrily. I am very hormonal and angry all the time, it is so easy to piss me off.

''M-my boss t-told m-me to k-kidnap you'' he says and I sigh. ''Why does your boss think it's so easy to kidnap me?'' I ask him and he looks at me confused. ''Do you know I'm trained to kill?'' I ask him. ''N-no, b-but I know you-you're pregnant a-and everyone e-else knows it as well'' he says and I put the knife closer to his throat, a little blood comes out of it as he whimpers.

How the hell do people know I'm pregnant? I never go out of the house, Evelyn doesn't let me go out of the house and I don't have the need to get out, I want to be at home, safely. Apparently not so safe now, probably one of the gang members leaked the information that I'm pregnant.

''You will never hurt me or my baby'' I say and in that moment, his eyes widen as he looks at something behind me. Just as I was about to turn, I hear a shot and the guy in front of me falls limp in my arms. I let go of him as I take a step back and look at his dead body, my heart beating so fast in fear as I turn around and see Evelyn with a gun in her hands.

''No one threatens my family and lives'' she says as she puts the gun away and goes to the body. ''Who is he?'' She asks me and I still stare at her in shock. ''H-he s-said he was he-here to kidnap m-me, h-he knew about my b-baby'' I say and she takes the home phone and dials a number.

''What the hell is wrong with your bodyguards!'' She yells through the phone, she seems so angry, I've never seen her like this. ''Yes someone just broke in here!'' She continues to yell. ''She could have been killed or kidnapped! If this happens again I will kill you!'' She threatens and my eyes widen, she really is Harry's mother. ''Send someone to clean up the mess'' she says more calmly, ''Of course I killed him'' she yells again.

She hangs up and slams the phone on the table, making me flinch. ''I'm sorry if I scared you dear'' she says and I give her a small smile. ''Who was that on the phone?'' I ask her. ''Zayn'' she simply answers. ''Where did you learn to shoot like that?'' I ask her. ''I'm sure Harry has taken you shooting, Aron did the same for me'' she says and I nod. ''You don't have to bear the burden of taking a life'' she says. ''You should go to sleep, honey, you have an appointment tomorrow, and you shouldn't stress about this'' she says and I nod again and go up stairs.

I first went to check on Harry, if the guy did something to him before I woke up. I open the door to the room and see Harry is fine, I hear the beeping machine sounding fine, the same as ever, I go over there and kiss his forehead.

''Please wake up Harry, we need your protection'' I say to him before going out.

I couldn't fall asleep the whole night, I was tossing and turning and I got really frustrated because I was very tired and couldn't fall asleep. I jumped and got scared at every little sound and then decided to turn the tv on, it turned to the channel where the cameras all around the house are and I watched the cameras obsessively the whole night wondering if someone else would break in the house.

*

I hear laughter from downstairs as I get near the kitchen and I see Evelyn, Miles, Kayla and they brought Bella with them. I'm so glad my morning started with them visiting us, it has been very depressing around the house lately and Bella will brighten up my whole day, I love her and I always enjoy spending time with her.

''Good morning, everyone'' I say and smile at them. ''Ari!'' Miles says as he comes to hug me and Kayla comes as well, I hug them both and take Bella from her seat as I kiss her little cheek. ''Who is the cutest baby'' I say to her and rub my nose to hers gently as she giggles at me.

I look toward the living room and see that the body is gone and the blood is cleaned out and I sigh. ''Everything is fine, dear'' Evelyn says and I nod as I put Bella on my hip and continue to hold her. ''Thank you for last night'' I say and she nods.