Chapter 5

''Even if you know what's coming, you're never prepared for how it feels''

Harry's POV:

How dare she fucking try and cross me? She obviously knows who I am otherwise she wouldn't happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time, only a dumb fuck would believe her lie. I clench my fists on the steering wheel hard as I drive towards my house. I pick up my phone angrily and call Jake, one of the guys that works for me.

''Hello?'' his voice is raspy, I probably woke him up but I don't give a shit. ''Did you find the information about the girl I told you about?'' I snap at him angrily as I drive as fast as I can. ''Yeah, I left it on your desk in your office at the house'' he says and I thank him as I hang up on him.

I have to find out who she is and what she wants from me. She didn't only try to escape from me, she succeeded but I don't give a fuck, I told my men to find her and as soon as I have her in my hands I will fucking destroy her for doing this to me and that's a promise.

I walk in my house angrily slamming the door shut as I go to my office as fast as I can and eagerly open up the file that's left on my desk. I want to know more about her, her name, her past, I want to know everything about her. Not only did she manage to make me angry in less than 30 minutes, she made me also wonder about her. I want to know more about her, I am intrigued by her bravery and her guts to do that.

I open the file and see a picture of the beautiful girl that I am so interested in, Arabella Maxwell, age 17, that doesn't surprise me, she looks very young. What surprises me and makes me wonder is why a seventeen year old girl would want to get into this life of danger?

No criminal offences, no charges against her, she has a clean file. Daughter of Peter and Angela Maxwell, records of family members: a brother Mike Maxwell and her sister Dahlia Maxwell, passed away two years ago.

''Fuck!'' I yell as I throw the file on the ground letting the papers fly all around the place. Now I know why she would come into my life and manage to make a mess in a matter of just one night.

Her father Peter Maxwell is a criminal, he was convicted as a murderer a few years ago and he came to my door asking for protection from the police. Of course I helped him because I have connections in the police and I got him out, he thanked me and told me that he owed me one. I never understood who he killed until I decided to look into his file, he had a history of abusing his wife and I found out that he killed his own daughter Dahlia because he was drunk and angry that night. When I found out what kind of person Dahlia was, I immediately regretted helping him escape prison, I confronted him and we ended up in a messy fight. He threatened to destroy me ever since but that doesn't worry me, what worries me to this day is the girl that he killed, his own daughter. His family surely don't know what he did and I'm sure he doesn't even feel guilty, I feel very guilty and regret that I helped him, to this day I have felt guilty about Dahlia.

I could just imagine him trying to find some evidence of me doing something illegal so he can put me in prison just like he promised to destroy me, that is why he is using his other precious daughter against me. I groan in frustration as I slam my fists on the desk.

I hear a crashing sound in the living room and my head snaps immediately towards the direction, I live alone and someone dared to brake into my house. What else could happen tonight?

I take my gun slowly as I get out of the office and go to the living room, I see a guy trying to get out through the balcony door and I run towards him as I grab him and drag him backwards, I will kill him right here, right now because of how angry I am.