One

Stephanie

"Stephanie it's time to get up!" I could hear my mothers voice from all the way downstairs. I didn't not want to get up to go to school, I was tired of moving to different school and starting over. "Stephanie seriously, I need you to get up, you can't be late your first day." I dragged my feet out of bed and went into the bathroom.

Well my names Stephanie Williams. I was born in Manhattan and raised in New York City. I had well got into a lot of trouble back in the day, hence the move to Los Angelos. It wasn't because I was just born bad, but I had this well, boyfriend and he was the reason I did a lot of the stuff I did. So after he broke everything off with me, my mom moved me to the other side of country. Well that and because her firm offered her a better position here.

I had jumped around a lot back in New York because due to my boyfriend, I couldn't stay put for long -but it wasn't always my fault- as a result was used to new beginnings so the whole new school thing was old to me. Maybe things would actually be different this year, who knows.

After fully dressing myself and preparing myself mentally for the challengers a new school, I walked downstairs to greet my mother.  "Hi my wonderful mother!" I smiled as I gave my mother a big hug, secretly hoping she'd let me skip school, I honestly don't think I was ready to start all over, again, it was exhausting. "Yes honey, you have to go to school and please be good." My mother laughs, damnit she knew me too well, Maybe I'd just drop out. I mean I'm seventeen, I can do that right?

"Butttt mom! And I can't make any promises." I whine adding a slight smirk, trouble was kind of my middle name, I couldn't really help it. I promise I wasn't a bad kid it was really just my stupid attitude that got me in trouble . "Just get out of here. And I mean it no troubles. I don't want to have any calls from the principal, you hear me?" She turn towards me with a serious expression, I knew my mom was tired of moving all the time so I was going to actually try to stay in this school

"Yes ma'am" I salute her making her laugh fill the room. This was the relationship my mom and I, A chilled laid back kind of relationship. In all honesty my mother was my bestfriend and my only friend.

"I'm going to be gone for the rest of the week, I have a case they called me back in New York, I'll try to be home as soon as possible." She sighs, my mom was a lawyer, like one of those big hot shot lawyers. She's never lost a case I can tell you that my mom is damn good at what she does.  Her being one of the best, she tended to be go a lot, and I didn't really want her to go. At least not this week, it was my first week at this stupid school, I needed my mom.

"Have a good day baby, i love you." My mom said to me seriously as she pulled me into a hug, things had been a little tough lately so I need the warmth that her hug brought me. "I love you too mom." I wave goodbye to my mom and head towards my range rover.

My mom and I had an amazing relationship, I could honestly talk to her about everything, She was kind of my Bestfriend. Considering , she's like the only friend I'll have because of me moving around so much I never made a lot of friends. After my dad left, my mom had become uninterested in making any friends, so it was just my mom and I.

I scanned the road ahead of me in search for this new school I was going to be attending. I absolutely dreaded going because I hated being the 'new girl', everyone made assumptions about who they thought I was based on where they heard I came from. but nobody ever once took the time to actually know me. "Bingo." I mumbled to myself as I turned into the parking lot of my new school.

I sigh and lock my doors as I walk into my new school. I needed to go to the front office to get my schedule and my locker number along with the combination, of course. I walked down the hallways, stopping one of the students in the hallways to ask where the main office was. They pointed me in the correct direction.