01: First Meeting

01| FIRST MEETING

✕ ✕ ✕

| J O U R D A N |

Great. Just great. I really have to be stuck in a traffic when I need to catch my favorite tv show's new episode. Crap.

I hissed under my breath and slap my hands down the steering wheel. "Damn it!" I cursed. I quickly pull out the navigation, to look for shortcuts I badly need right now. "Is there any shortcuts around here?" The navigator immediately pictured the map I needed. I took the other way around to find the given shortcut. "I've got ten minutes." I mumble to myself, shrugging and drove to a place I have never visited before.

I was observing the road that I was taking. It is very dark and there are no street lights around, the headlights of my car was the only source of light for me to see everything. It gives me shivers when I realize there was no one around but just me. Now, I'm thinking twice. I should've taken the traffic than being in this unknown mysterious place. Really, Jourdan.

I was already far into the road when suddenly I hear a dog's howling from outside. But was it a dog? I'm not even sure. The only thing I was sure of is that it was either calling out or it saw something horrific. I don't know, that's what I've seen in horror movies. Dogs usually howl in some paranormal movies, right? I really have to drive faster then. You see, I'm not fond of supernatural crap and to add the fact that I am afraid of dogs, makes it even more worse. Especially big ones, with big teeths that can rip the flesh off of my body. And rabies, of course rabies are highly dangerous when you get bitten. I never like Dogs. Or any kind of them.

As my mind currently travels into the universe of thoughts, it never came to my mind that I'll be hitting something. Especially when I believe that there's no one around except for me. It happened so fast in a blink of an eye, I stepped on the break so fast I almost jumped through the dashboard if it wasn't for the seatbelt. The only thing I remembered before that is that I saw something flashed in front of my car. You probably think it was a dog but it wasn't, it was huge. Like 6'3 high.

"Shit, did I hit something?"

Even if I was already freaking out mentally, I didn't hesitate to climb down my car to check if I actually hit someone or something. This is why Renee always warned me about reading Creepypastas stuffs because I get to imagine them in the most terrible moments. Now I'm scared. As soon as I step my feet on the ground, I couldn't resist the cold wind embracing my skin so I hug myself tightly as the coldness squeeze into my body. It is unusually very cold tonight.

When I finally reach the front of my car, someone was on the ground, whimpering. I actually hit someone! I started to panic, and the fact that I don't know what to even react on this makes it even more worse. The guy kept mewling about his pain so without further thinking, I kneel beside him to help him out and probably bring him to the nearest hospital, if he was actually dying.

"Are you okay?" I ask the most absurd question I could ever ask in this situation, that's why he gave me that look that says "Really?". This time he turn around to face me and I noticed how badly his upper right stomach's condition. "God, I'm so sorry!" I tried to stop the blood from streaming out of his body but it won't. It just won't. I was in the middle of looking for some cloth to cover his wound when howls from that certain dogs was increasing, and it scared me as hell.

"G-get out of here." It bothered me when he spit blood out, growling at me. "I-I can't leave you." I was hesitating to help when he's turning down my offer but I pursued, and before I even know it he was already in my passenger seat. I can't help but admit the fact that urged me to help him was because he is honestly, breathtakingly attractive.