15

15: the cliffords

calum

"I want to join your pack." Renee crosses her arms in front of me. I furrowed my eyebrows in disapproval, I don't even have a pack for Pete's sake!

"Do we even look like a pack?" I point the three of us that stood before her. "Duh." She rolls her eyes.

"Dude, just let her in." Ace nudges me by my shoulder. "Dude, we don't have a pack!" I say back.

"We create then!" Ashton pursues. For Christ's sake! I can't hold a pack.

"C'mon, Cal. It doesn't always have to be an Alpha to have a pack and in fact, you're gonna be." Ashton flashed a smile. I shrug and walk over near Renee.

"We cannot trust you, alright." I say in front of her. "I'm not begging you to." She counters back. Gosh, this is why I hate the Cliffords so much. So annoying.

"She's Jourdan's best friend, Calum! Have you forgotten about that?" Acer pursues. I know right.

"But she's still Clifford's sister. The psychotic attitude of Michael runs through her veins too." I add, totally disagreeing.

"Look, if you don't want me to join the pack I'm going to have to tell Jourdan what about Acer." She counters, wiggling her eyebrows in a playful manner. Like I'm going to buy it.

"As if I care and as if you would." I scoff, both of my hands were already on my hips as I challenge her.

"Calum, you're not letting her." Ace warns, the concern was on his voice. "She won't, Ace." I say, smirking.

"The problem is, you turned Ace and you're not getting out of this." She grins, taking her phone out before dialing Jourdan's number.

"No, you're not." I bit my lip and shook my head in response. She smirks and turn the call into speaker.

"Oi, Renee! Where the hell are you?"

Obviously, Renee skipped school today just to talk to me.

"I just have something important to tell you." Renee fakes a worrying voice, but her smile was still on her face that has been irritating me eversince.

"What about?" Jourdan's voice grew concerned.

"It's actually about your baby brother." She trails, looking over Acer and trying to keep herself from laughing.

"Baby?!" I hear Acer behind, whisper-yelled to what he heard.

"Cut it out." I mouthed, signalling her to hang up already.

She furrows her eyebrows as if she didn't catch what I tried to say.

"Jourdan, talk to you later. I have something figured out." She immediately hung up before waiting for my confirmation.

"What is it, Cal?" She says in a mocking tone.

"Okay." I heavily groaned and turned around to murmur behind her back.

"I truly hate Cliffords for forever." I muttered towards Ashton and Acer.

"Calum, are you aware that I could hear you from here?" Renee's voice boomed behind me. I chuckled deeply before turning around to face her back.

"I meant to make you hear that." I winked at her which she gave me her dirty look.

▪ ▪ ▪

shorty chapter babes just a filler but i love the cliffords yeah