27

introduction: the help

malikoa

"Did Acer asked you to come here?" My brother's voice was barely audible. The first thing I noticed from seeing Calum a while ago was his eyes. His brown eyes used to have a shade of crystals that would shine out whenever he's happy, but today was different from the day he visited me last time, his eyes are dead and it has no color anymore. It's plainly black and utterly dead.

I was sad about the fact that Calum's imprint died, because for as far as I know, he's madly in love with her. I was even excited to meet the girl that made Calum smile again, but now-- she left him with a massive broken heart that I know, no one would be able to fix.

"Yes? But actually, I was really going to come here to get you." I say, softly carressing his defined cheek that used to be chubby. He's gone skinny and it's bad for his health.

"What do you mean?" His eyebrows raised and his chest rose and fall.

"I'm taking you to Brisbane, Calum." I told him. I noticed him flinch and shook his head afterwards.

"No, Mali. I have to be here, I have a pack to take care of." His voice was groggy and raspy at the same time, like he actually screamed song lyrics last night.

"You have a pack?" I rose my eyebrows in surprise.

"I am an Alpha now." He admits, making my jaw drop. The last thing I would know is Calum being an Alpha and I'm happy for him because finally.

"H-how?"

"It's from the night s-she died. I tried to save her, Mali. But I was too late! She can't bear the pain and she gave up. She gave up on me and she gave up on us!" He sobs unto my arms. It's very rare for Calum to cry like this, and to admit, he never really let anyone to see him cry but the pain was getting on him and it's just causes him to breakdown so easily.

"Maybe, it was blessing in disguise." I shrug. He pulled away from me and gently pushes me away from him.

"Blessing in disguise? Are you kidding me?" He chuckled coldly, giving shivers to my spine. "Mali, I don't think being an Alpha is a blessing if the consequence to it was Jourdan's life!" He yelled at me, standing up and rammering his hands to his hair, slightly tugging on it.

"It's a goddamn curse!" He shouted, making me jolt from my seat. I sighed heavily and stared at him for a while.

"Do you think Jourdan is happy to see you like this?"

His head shoot back to me and his eyebrows were stitched. He stop on his tracks and turned to face me. His lips parted as if he wanted to say something but it closes back.

"Do you think Jourdan would like to see you ruining your own life? Calum you are meant to be an Alpha, and if you don't see it as a gift-- then you might want to see it as a way to live. Your pack needs you, Calum. You have to move on. I'm not telling you to forget about Jourdan but atleast, forget the past." I paused, his facial expression changing and he falls into a deep thought before looking back at me.

"It's not easy to forget, Mali. I have tried, if you only knew. Four months have passed, but it still hurts. The pain wasn't bearable. It hurts in my head, that I feel like something was poking my brain. It hurts in my chest like my lungs are being crushed and I can't breathe. It hurts in my heart that I can feel it being stab every moment I think of her. I'd rather die than to experience this hell."

"Dying isn't a way, you know that." I say back to my brother. Even if he was right, I know how much a broken heart hurts but dying isn't the way to end the pain.