03: My Mate

03| MY MATE

✕ ✕ ✕

|C A L U M|

The gate had open and Acer rushes into the feild, my heartbeats was racing as the second goes by. He finally understands everything, which scares me. He might take away my imprint, which is a bad idea. Once I found her, there's no going back. It would hurt like hell.

He didn't talk but I knew he was mad. I can fucking sense it. Which is not good, his temper is rising, his blood's boiling, his transformation will trouble us.

"Ace," I call his attention, I heard a muffled groan before he stop on his tracks, turning around then rush his way towards me. "You can't just imprint my sister!" He yelled back to me, pushing me with full-strength that I flew five-feet away from him.

Ashton help me stood up as I manage to take control of myself from hitting Acer back, the urge to fight back is one of the strength and weakness of being a werewolf. Especially when it's going to hurt someone you love. Hurting my beta is the last thing I'd do, my father taught me good enough to know what's right and what's wrong. "I didn't intend to." I answer back, his eyes flashed yellow. God, he must not turn at this moment.

"Ace, control yourself." Ashton warns him. His claws started to grow longer and it was a sign that he was going to be a werewolf at any time sooner. We have to stop him. I start to panic, sprinting towards him in attempt to stop his shapeshifting. But to no avail, he had the strength to punch me down again, sending me a few steps back. This is going too far. Still deciding on how to stop this mess, a loud car honk interrupted me and also returned Acer back to his real state, which makes me glad. The gates had open wide to let the familiar  car in. 

She's here. .

The car parked just right beside us, in silence we watch her climb down her car. Before acknowledging our mere presence, she calls a guard from the nearby guardhouse. She instructed him to park her car in their garage, which is probably massive. The said guard oblige on her request right away. This time, her attention is on us fully. That's when I get to meet her eye to eye, sending shivers deep within me. Her poise is so intimidating that every time she takes a step, it makes my heartbeats race. She walk to us, unwary of the dangerous presence that surrounds her. Up close, though it's the second time around I have seen her gorgeous face, it never fails to amaze me. Her whole being, it's just leave me in awe. 

When did I ever get so lucky?

I wonder if she has someone else, besides Acer. Not that I'm planning on hitting my best friend's sister, I just want to know. It's not like it's going to harm anybody else if I try to flirt with her, is it? Oh, yeah, then there's Acer. 

"Acer," She stops in a halt, standing in front of her brother. Her arms folded in front of her  chest, her tall height showed dominance. Acer only looking ten times smaller than a puppy as his souls gets piercing by her eyes. When she notices that something's off, she turns to look over me and Ashton, her eyes growing wide as seconds go by. A hint of recognition was clear on her face. But shock prevailed her emotions, perhaps she wasn't expecting to see me this sooner?

She was about to say something when we heard a familiar howling not too far from where we stood. It was obvious how it startled her, she's not very fond of us, dogs, I guess. She taken steps back and she grimaced. 

"He knows," Ashton whispers, holding my forearm as he look at me. He was actually waiting for me on what to do. Not that I'm claiming to be the headsman between the two of us, he just likes depending on my decisions.