24

the alpha (last chapter)

calum:

Voices. I hear voices. I flutter my eyes open to see her, to see Calia again. If I say that I wasn't happy to see her, I'd be lying. She once was a part of me and I can't change that. But her returning back where everything was already in places, made me sad. Why? Because I can't love her back like I did before and that's something I didn't want her to know because she's changed. I'm afraid that she'd hurt my friends and especially Jourdan. I wouldn't let that happen, I won't let that happen.

"So you're awake?" Her lips curve into a grin, which has changed too because she used to smile so sweet and warm that I would melt to the ground where I stood.

She held my chin by her index and thumb, lifting my head up to meet her once hallucinating green eyes. "I have a surprise for you." She harshly turned my head to the side, in order for me to see Jourdan tied in the chair.

"What the hell, Calia! Let her go!" I started to squirm through the metal bars that held me down the chair. It was so tight that if I tried harder, I'd be cutting off my wrists.

"Not just one." She turned my head to the other side to see Ashton, Acer, Michael and Renee inside the cage and it's just impossible for them to escape.

"Let my friends go! Calia, why are you doing this?" I say back at her, almost spitting into her face. She smirks and folded her hands above her chest.

"I told you, Calum. Either you go with me or I kill them all." She played with the ends of her hair, making me even more frustrated.

"Just decide, Calum." She bit her lower lip, walking towards Jourdan.

"D-don't Calum." Jourdan begs, her cheeks stained with tears and she was shaking. I can hear her hearbeats from here and I know that she's scared.

"L-let my friends go, let her go. I'm going with you." I say, putting every sincerity in my voice to convince her.

"Really? You're not lying?" She turns her heels around to motion Erin, her imprint to come over. "Tell me if he's telling the truth."

"He's lying." Erin said through gritted teeth, making me hissed.

"See? You're lying. How do I suppose to trust you?" She smirks, running her hand down to Jourdan's face.

"How could I come with you if you don't even trust me?" I countered, she sighed and shook her head. "Alright, Calum. Let's try." She walk over to me and cup my face before she planted her lips on me. I should've pulled back because I can see Jourdan hurting from the corner of my eye, but I know I should make Calia believe that it's her.

"I still love you." I whispered when she move away from the kiss. I saw her flushed cheeks turned crimson as I pulled that out.

"Calum! How dare you!" Acer started to pound unto the cage and I know he doesn't like the idea of me, breaking his sister's heart.

"I know." She softly says. She walk over to Jourdan who was already sobbing from what just happened and I know I broke her heart into million pieces.

Calia untied her from the chair and she shakily stood up, gasping for air as if she couldn't believe that I'm choosing Calia over her. But girl, aren't you wrong.

"Go on, and set your friends free. Bid Calum your goodbye because you won't be able to see him again." Calia pushed Jourdan to me, getting her fall to my chest. With that, she cried into my neck. She was disappointed and broken at the same time.

"Set me free." I whisper to her ear and she nods. I don't get after what she saw and what I told Calia, she still have the guts to set me free from the metal bars.

Once my hands was free, I immedieately gave her forehead a kiss. I know, this isn't going to be the last time we're seeing each others but things may change and my plan could fail.

"You let go of Acer and everybody else. Run as fast as you can away from here. Don't worry, I'll be back for you. Okay?" I kissed her temple for the last time before pushing her away. But it was just too late.

"He's a liar!" Erin shouted, choking me against the wall. I dig in my claws inside his bare stomach and he shove me down. I growled and aimed Calia who was holding Jourdan to her neck. But before I could even rip her throat off by my teeth, Erin was too fast to catch up and threw me against the wall.

I got down to my knees but manage to stand up and run towards Calia. I was taken a back when Calia threw a mountain ash to the air before it landed down the ground in a perfect circle. Mountain ash, dammit. I stop on my tracks and met Jourdan's hazel eyes.

"You disappointed me, Calum. I thought you love me?" She shook her head and fake a frown. A knife was held down unto Jourdan's throat and in just one stroke, I can lose the love of my life.

"Just- just let her go." I manage to say.

"Too late." She motioned Erin and his fangs appeared before my eyes. He dug his teeth down her skin and I was just too late.

"No!" I shouted at the top of my lungs that sounds more like a loud roar, before I run towards the circle.

I pushed both of my hands against the invisible shield and used every energy of me to break the fucking circle. I growled and screamed at the top of my lungs as I transformed to Beta. I can see Calia's evil smirk that drove me really mad and gave me the strength to fight over the shield.

"You can't do it." She smirked towards me. But I didn't stop, for Jourdan I wouldnt stop fighting.

Before I knew it, a big flash of light before my eyes and I was already inside the circle. I broke the circle and it only means one thing.

"You can't." Calia swallowed hard before shaking her head disapprovingly.

"I am an Alpha now." I growled before grabbing her by chokehold and throwing her against the wall.

I turned around to see Acer running towards Erin and in a blink of an eye, he throat slashed the Alpha from his rage. I immedieately got down on my knees and held Jourdan close to me.

"J-jourdan, look at me." I plead, holding her hand and taking away her pain. She was coughing before she smiled at me.

"Am I turning into one of you?" She chuckles deeply. "We don't know yet. But hold on, Jourdan. Hold on." She nodded up at me and gave me sly smile.

"It hurts." Her voice crooked. I squeeze my eyes shut, holding unto her hand tightly and took her pain away. "Calum, I'm not healing." She cries. Tears started to stream down my face because the idea of losing Jourdan is like a stab in the heart. I can't breathe properly and it just hurt me too.

That's when she told me the last thing I have heard from her.

"Please let me go."

- - -

A/N: shitty chapter i know but i have to do drama and action in one chapter really because im going to end book one already ha. idek if jourdan will live or die x

BTW, the song for this chapter and the whole book is: Somebody to Die For by Hurts. It describes Jourdan and Calum's relationship alright.