12

12: leave

jourdan:

After what happened, the police department immediately respond to our call. We told them a lie. We told them that we were just passing by the hallway when we suddenly saw Luke's body. I know the police would discover he wasn't there since last night but I just wanted to save us.

When we were done from interrogation with Mr. Blake, Ashton volunteered to take Renee home since I was not feeling good at all.

The sight was still haunting me at the back of my mind.

"You're not coming out?" Calum says from the passenger seat, his hold on the seatbelt tightened. We already arrive inside the mansion but thoughts have flooded my mind and I don't know what should I have to do to stop this. I have lost a friend and I won't just let another friend of mine be killed by those monsters.

"Calum, why didn't you fight?" I ask him, he was probably caught off guard from my question because he suddenly snap to turn his head to me.

"I.. It was useless." He softly mutters, not wanting to make me hear that clearly but I did. He slouches back to his seat, knowing that we'll take a while inside the car.

"Useless? You have almost killed the Alpha the last time you met him, you could've done that again." I blame him. Calum should've done that, Calum could've than this. Because he is a werewolf and I'm a human, he could've did what they should always do- is to kill and hurt other individual. It's in his blood, he was meant to do something inhumane because he isn't one.

"I cannot. He's more powerful than he was. He's gone more stronger and bigger. It's useless." He says, shifting from his seat to turn and look at me. I frowned, I was not satisfied by his reasons. Ashton did something, yet he didn't. Was he afraid of him?

"I would've appreciated if you tried to stop him from killing a friend of mine." I say in a way more harshly than I thought it would've sound like.

"You mean, the guy you've always like? He's with Renee, Jourdan. You should not-" I know what was he trying to say so I immediately cut him off, I didn't like to hear it from him.

"Should not what, Calum? They are my friends! Even if I was mad about the fact that Luke and Renee are happy and together, they're still someone important in my life! I still care about them. I'm not being selfish, Calum. Not like you!" I suddenly regret the last words I threw out on him when I saw him hurting from my words. His face soften as he avoided my gaze.

"I was just trying to protect you." He told me, biting on his lip before rubbing his hands on his knees still avoiding my piercing stare. "If I went back to Grayson, it would only fuel the fire." He sighs.

"Atleast if you tried anything to stop him." I countered back. I heard him groaning silently. Alright, I am the kind of person you can never stand with, I'm not going to be surprise if someday he'll get tired of my stubornness and infinite reasons to every situations.

"Look," He finally face me, eyes to eyes. "I, I came rushing in all worried about you. I came into the scene where you flew away from trying to save your best friend, I immediately grew scared of what's going to happen if I wasn't there. The happenings were so fast and I wasn't able to catch up. I tried to talk to Grayson but I can't change his mind, Jourdan. I tried to distract him. But, Renee had to make a decision and obviously she can't make one. Grayson is an impatient bitch and that's it. I wasn't able to do anything to save the guy you should've been with."

I slap him right away across the face. I tried myself to keep my hand still but as long as he brought the fact that I actually love Luke made it more worse than it should be. He's making me miserable. He's making me feel horrible because I just lost Luke- not the friend I was trying to recall him as- but the guy I have love for three years long. He keeps on pushing me till I give up and breakdowm. I have been trying to stay strong from all of this but he's dragging me down.

"You know what?" I swallowed the lump on my throat as I tried to talk to him without failing to. "Maybe. Maybe if I didn't took the shortcut that night, I wasn't going to meet you. Maybe if you and I weren't force to be imprinted by your damn legends and Gods, this couldn't turned like this. Maybe if I wasn't your imprintee, I didn't have to lose Luke." I almost choked myself when I finally gave in and cried in tears.

The only expression that was written on his face was nothing but pure pain and hurt. It crept a long silence when I finished. I cried on the steering wheel and I was surprise that he still didn't decided to leave the car- and me.

"What now?" I hear his voice cracking, obviously he was hurt from all the things that I couldn't believe I just said.

I sat up and I didn't bother to look at him because I may regret what I just did and what I was going to do.

"I'm asking you to leave." I gulped.

Before I could say another word, the door slam shut bringing air inside and having my hair fly for a second. Now that I'm alone, I didn't bother to hide my tears and sob as loud as I could. I don't even know what I was crying about, if it's because of Luke's death or Calum getting hurt from all of this.

If it's someone else could take the blame, it would be me. The center of evey mistake was me.

Grayson wanted Calum back to his pack but he couldn't because he have to be with me, Calum could've killed Grayson from the first place if it wasn't because of me, he could've been the Alpha if he wasn't imprinted to me, my friends wouldn't be in danger if it wasn't because of me and Luke could have been living right now.

I just wished that I could take back what I said about Calum because I regret every single detail I told him. He tried. He wanted to protect me. But I was taking him for granted. And I'm afraid right at the second that I told him to leave.

Because leaving is something permanent.

I asked him to leave. Would that mean he would leave me forever?

bye bye calum