05: Prom Dates

05|PROM DATES

✕ ✕ ✕  

| J O UR D AN | 

The only reason I came with my brother was to see Luke play his profession. Football. Seeing my brother on a football practice was only an excuse for me to watch Luke play his sport. It's obvious enough that my admiration towards Luke has taken to another level. I think this is puppy love. Yes, puppy love. I officially admit that I have fallen in love with Luke Hemmings. 

Well, who wouldn't?

Did I even mention how attractive Luke is? Very attractive to be exact. He's blond, blue-eyed and tall. Pretty much tall. Very tall. Six foot and two inches tall, really. But what I admired the most about Luke Hemmings was his dimples when he makes that smirk on his pretty face. He's pretty much the most beautiful thing I have ever meet throughout my life. He's very pretty, it's hurting me.

"Let's sit here," I tell Calum whose obviously out of place right now. He took the seat beside me.  Acer had left us already since he needs to change to his football uniform.

We were only two rows far from the field so it was a good sight to see them practice for their upcoming match with other schools. Luke is the captain leader of the school's football team and Ace was just newly entitled as the new co-captain since the past co-captain moved to States. There's no more denying it, the school will lead this year's national football game. Luke and Acer combined is like a huge merging of Messi and Ronaldo, they're pretty good. They're good friends and they pretty much hangout sometimes but Acer have never brought Luke in the house. It's probably because how strict I am when it comes to visitors, but if it's Luke, I would never reject.

"Is that Luke?" I turn my head to look at Calum who pointed the exact Luke I have been fancying for like three years long already. I answer with a nod, flabbergasted on how he was able to determine right away. Is he telepathic or something? Or am I playing too obvious with my staring game.

Without warning, he told me straightforwardly, "You like him?" His question sent shivers down my spine. I would never admit to anyone how much I like Luke, except for my best friend Renee, because I know how feelings ruin friendships. What I and Luke have is the only way I could interact with him, I can't risk losing my only chance. "I can sense it, you know." He looks right through me. I quickly remove my gaze over him and turn to look over Luke. I bet he heard how my heart leaped when Luke had wave at me awhile ago.

"Kind of." I blurt out, my gaze never leaving Luke while he ran his hand up his hair as he move his feet from side to side. "Kind of boyfriend?" I face Calum again, noticing how his eyebrow arches up as he look at me.

"Sort of." I say, biting my lip as I feel my face reddening, I look down in embarrassment. Suddenly I felt like a seventh grade schooler who just admitted to her parents that she's liking on someone. "You can just say yes or no, alright." He rolls his eyes and kept a smirk on his stupid face as he chug down on his bottle of water, it was almost empty.

My eyes left Calum's face as I scan the entire bleacher. "Renee?" I mumbled upon recognizing my best friend on the bleachers. Her head shot up right away, eyes on me. She crack up a wide smile, waving to where I am. I motioned her to come and she obliged, practically running down to where we sat.

"You didn't told me you're going to come!" She slap my arm playfully, I flinch my arm away. "Gosh, you're very cold!" I complained. "I was holding ice a while ago!" She tells me, I roll my eyes.