13

13: gone to soon

Jourdan:

"Ace," I called from downstairs. He immediately peek out of the stairs and raised his eyebrows. "Where's Calum?" I ask, playing with the fork of my spaghetti.

"He's gone?" He ask me. I shrug before looking up at him, he finally came down and started to look for his best friend. After a minute or longer, he came back to the counter and sighed.

"I forgot that he told me last night that he's leaving. I thought he was joking." He says nonchantly, like it was nothing that he left. I stitch my eyebrows as I scan him. "What?" He shrugs.

"Nothing. Where did he go?" I ask him. I have to go and apologize for the things I have told, I definitely regreted everything I pointed at him. "Well, uh. I don't actually know." He says, looking at me like there was something on my face.

"Wait, is there a problem?" Finally, the most numb person I have ever known dared to ask what was the problem. "Yes." I inhaled.

"Is it about Luke?" He twitch his mouth, raising his eyebrows waiting for my response. "Not about that," I sighed.

"Oh Gosh. I'm so sorry for bringing that up." Ace had his hands in the air, as if surrendering himself. I chuckled coldly, shaking my head. "It's the painful truth." I shrug.

"Do you have any idea where he's at?"

"I don't. Ashton probably does." He says, smiling. I nodded and decided to just take off for school, perhaps I could just call Ashton and ask about Calum later.

▪ ▪ ▪

"Are you even sure this is where he lives?" I ask Ashton who stood beside me, looking at me nodding.

"Why would I even bring you somewhere else?" He says, rolling his eyes. I totally shrug and brush my hair off from my face.

"Do we knock?" I started to fidget and shit, because I am nervous. After all I said back to Calum, I don't even know if I have the guts to face him.

"No, we bark." Then again, Ashton rolls his eyes. I scoff and chuckles. Even if Ashton was treating me with his sarcasm, I understood because how do you suppose to treat someone who totally tied you up down the basement the first time you met?

He twisted the doorknob before he enters the dim-lighted house. The sun rays can't even enter the small house.

"Calum?" Ashton started to call but there's nothing in response, only wind's howling. "I guess he's not here." Ashton blurts.

"Then where could he be going?" I ask, starting to feel very guilty because Calum probably meant not to show up anymore.

"If not yours, mine and his. Probably, he's with Michael." He says, nodding down at me. I look at him in surprise, my jaw dropping.

How could he be with Michael when he totally hated him? Even I couldn't stand being around Michael.

"Are you out of your mind? He hates Michael to the moon and back!" I exclaimed, as we both headed out the door.

"He does, but I didn't mean to say that they're hanging out. If they're together it only means they're having a catfight or something."

Catfight?

"They what?" I accidentally raise the tone of my voice in annoyance.

"Fighting or competing over random stuffs." He shrugs, walking over to his motorcycle.

"Oh." He motioned me to hop in to his motorcycle, throwing the helmet at me and fortunately, I catched it with both of my hands.

Ashton drove us to some kind of an old abandoned building which we have to get in because Calum might be there.

"You don't talk to anyone else, alright?" Ashton warns me. I nod and I hear him groaning.

"Calum's going to kill me when he finds out I brought you here." He mutters to himself. I rolled my eyes and drag him in.

We met strangers and I thought, everyone around was werewolves. There were fighting and cheering all around and there are a lot of people. We have to squeeze in to the sea of people to look for Michael.

"Hey, skunk." Ashton calls after the black and white haired guy who stood before us. I tried to supress my laugh to myself because Ashton actually called Michael a skunk.

He slowly turned around and the first thing I have notice was his busted lip and cheek bruised.

"Oh, twat." Michael groans. "I don't need a second round." He mumbled.

"What do you need?" He asks us. "Where's Calum?" Ashton quickly inquires. Michael's gaze went down on me and his lips started to curve into a smirk.

"He already left, just like 10 minutes ago." Michael shrugs, his smirk never leaving his damn face.

"You had a fight?" I ask.

"He challenged me to." Michael says.

"Alright, skunk. Where's Calum heading?" Ashton hold unto my wrist, keeping me away from Michael as far as possible.

"Do I even know?" Michael rolled his eyes. "Would he even mind to share where he's going to be while we're inside the ring?"

"This is useless." Ashton sighed, dragging me out from the sea of people and out the building.

"Let's just go back to your place." Ashton sighs, before hopping in his motorcycle. "What about Calum?" I ask him.

"I'll find him. Don't worry, I'm ringing you if I did." He smiled, his deep dimples showing off. I nod before hopping in the motorcycle.

Ashton drive me home safely and before he left, he promised to look for Calum no matter what.

I'm starting to feel empty inside with all my regrets and guilt. I should've not said all those rude things. I should've not told him to leave.

the search for hood just started hey hey hey cal where you at