06: Concerned Hearts & Worried Minds

06|CONCERNED HEARTS & WORRIED MINDS

✕ ✕ ✕

|JOURDAN|

"Ace, where's Calum?" I catch my brother eating breakfast on a Saturday morning without any sight of his best friend. I've search through the house and not a hint of presence was felt, so it was the cue to ask my brother about it.

I lean my hips against the counter as I ask him where my prom date has gone. He took a sip of his chocolate coffee before answering my question. His eyes squinting as he says,

"He runs every morning, for an exercise. The forest is usually his daily routine so you should probably check him there." Ace chuckles to himself. I rolled my eyes in response. I'm not surprised, Calum has that body goals everybody wants to achieve. Even if I thought it was already natural for a werewolf to attain such heavenly Calvin Klein model body. I glance over my watch and it's past seven o'clock. That dude is late and I have to get him, we've got loads to buy today.

I huff and walk my way towards the door. "Hey, where you going?" Ace spun his seat around as his eyes followed me. "Fetching him." I inform him, shutting the door as soon as I went out.

▪ ▪ ▪

I jog through the woods as I search for Calum. I guess I find this useful enough to exercise. The forest is huge, I can't even count the times I tripped over fallen branches and twigs. The road here isn't that well developed, I know coming out of this will take a long time. But that's the least of my worry right now, I have to find Calum first then maybe he can lead us out of this confusing maze.

Halfway through the woods, I still can't find Calum. Panting, I pause for a second. I scan the whole area as I lean against the tree and my eyes finally catched something. I found the cliff and I saw a glimpse of a guy's silhoutte on the edge of it. I don't even have to deny, his masculine back and those tattooed arms, I'm pretty sure it's Calum.

"Calum!" I called after him but before he could even hear me calling, he already jump off of the cliff. I jolted in surprise. My eyes widening as I process the whole situation.

Calum jumped! Calum flew himself off of the edge! Oh God, why?!

I run towards the edge of the cliff seeing his figure immediately disappearing from the waves. Oh God. As far as I know the level of the water over here was eighty foot and possibly more than that.

This is too embarassing to confess but I'm afraid of heights and I can't swim. It was already in my veins, I guess. The fear of heights. But swimming? That's another story to tell. I just couldn't teach myself to fight my fear of drowning.

I took a deep breath before I look down again, my knees already shaking from the view. I waited for like a few seconds to see him pop out of water but he didn't. I couldn't help myself but worry. What could have happen to Calum? Did he drown? Probably a shark has ate him already, or a school of piranha! God, Jourdan, this thoughts aren't even helping you calm yourself.

Okay, I'm doing this. Fuck it.

I discard my sweater and the slippers I was wearing. I carefully slid my phone out and left it on my sweater. Few deep breaths was taken before I forced myself into jumping. Then I felt it, the numbness of my legs and my heart beating twice at the same time. It felt like suicide. The next thing I know I was falling and then a splash hit my eyes and my nose. The water touched my body and I quickly paddled through the strong current as long as I could but before I even know it, I was already drowning. Everything was so fast.