20

20: my weakness and my strength

jourdan:

I couldn't believe him. I could've not, but I did. I believe Calum. Everything he told me, I believe in him. But it's very hard for me to believe that Calum himself, turned my brother into a beast.

All I could feel about Calum right now is anger and fear. Anger because of what he had done to my brother and fear that he may hurt me.

He left after that. He just left me alone in that hallway as if he didn't care about me at all. As if I wasn't that important to him. But am I?

After that incident, my parents set Renee free and promised not to harm my friends anymore, most especially Calum. I didn't talk to anyone of them from then on, either Acer.

After that night, I started to lock myself in the room and cried over night. I didn't go to school for two days already and I have been starving myself.

The happenings were so fast and I can't catch up anymore. Ace tried to talk to me and shit, but I didn't listen. I had my hands over my ears and I didn't want their explanation. Renee tried to visit me, Ashton also. But except for Calum. Probably he already know that I'm mad at him.

Today, I decided to attend school. I have to catch up somehow, the exams is coming and no matter how things have happened, I cannot just slip away from my studies.

"Jourdan." Renee pulled me in a tight hug as long as she saw me standing in the middle of the hallway.

"I was worried about you. Everyone is." She softly says, pulling away. I didn't respond, neither say a word. I let her drag me inside our first class.

I immediately saw Ashton and Calum, their eyes on mine but I quickly looked away because I can't take seeing him like this. So horrible.

Like his first day, I sat in front of him but I didn't bother to talk to him anymore and so as he.

Mrs. Morell glances at me and her eyes sparkled. I'm always the teacher's pet, probably because the teachers now who my parents are. "Jourdan, finally!" She beamed a smile at me but I only flashed her a close-mouthed smile. "What happened to you?" She walks to me.

"I uh, I was sick." I look up to her blankly. She nods and told me that I could go to her office to ask the lessons that I missed and I thank her for that.

The bell finally rings and I decided to walk alone. I didn't bother to wait for Renee because I didn't feel like it. I headed to Mrs. Morell's office and asked for the lessons I have missed in her history class.

"You can search in the library about the World War II." She beamed a smile at me. I nod and half smiled to her kindness. "Thanks."

I headed directly to the library and did what she told me, to study about World War II and all about that crap. I sat alone in a table and started to read and take notes.

I was interrupted when the chair in front of me was pulled, I look up to see my brother and he tried to smile but his lips were only pressed in thin line. He sat in front of me and took out a book.

"Studying for exams too." He smirks, I didn't answer and continued doing what I suppose to do.

"Jourdan." After a long silence between us, he called after me. My eyes shoot up to meet his hazel eyes. We stared for a little longer before I cleared my throat.

"Don't blame Calum for what happened to me." He says, I shifted from my seat and I avoided his gaze. "I pulled it all to myself." He said strongly, holding on my hand.