26

introduction: the need

acer

"Where the hell is he?" I jog towards Ashton who was sweating from running around the neighborhood. "Who?"

"Fuck, Calum!" I yelled in frustration. Ashton cringe in the loudness of my voice and took a step back. "He's inside!" He pointed the house that used to have a meaning towards my sister and bestfriend. Now it's just full of cabwebs and dust, the paint was even fading already.

"You didn't check on him?" I ask the blonde-short curled hair boy that stood before me. "I was suppose to but then you came?" His statement came out more like a question. I groaned and motioned him to follow me inside.

The door unlocked and it revealed the mess we didn't expect to welcome us. The furnitures was broken and even the tv set that Jourdan afford, it's in pieces, actually. We skipped the broken glasses in order to avoid tiny scratches into our feet.

We lead ourselves upstairs, searching for Calum. "He's here, I can smell him." Ashton says, muttering behind me. "I can too." I told him the obvious and he just rolled his eyes. A sudden loud scream came from the room where Calum used to sleep. His bedroom, obviously.

We immediately run towards the door, trying to unlock the locked door. I groaned and took a step back, motioning for Ashton to kick the door with me.

"On three."

The door flung open revealing Calum on his claws to his bare stomach, his eyes squeezed shut, wincing in pain. We rushed towards the nearly mentally illed werewolf that would soon need a therapy because he's in a serious condition. We both took his hands in order to stop him from killing himself and seeing his intestine down the wooden floor. He growled back to me, his eyes glowing red. I roared back and tested each others vocals.

"Calum, stop! Stop this!" Ashton shouted at him, turning him to human again and it eased his rage. He got down on his knees, his hands on his face and I am sure that this is one of his breakdowns again.

"I c-can't." He shook his head and sob. He have been crying like a little kid since after the night Jourdan died. Out of everyone suffering from my sister's death, Calum was the only one who can't get over it for four months already. We were sad about it and we tried to move on day by day but Calum was still stuck on the night Jourdan died and it's ruining him. If my sister could probably see him, she'd be begging for the Heavens to get her back to life because there's not a day that Calum didn't try to kill himself and it's getting bad. He's getting worse and he needs someone who can watch him out for 24/7.

"I'd rather die! It fucking hurts so bad! I feel so empty and I don't know what to feel anymore! There's no point of living!" He stood back, his fist balled to the sides of his body and his fangs was growing. Oh C'mon.

"Ashton call Safeira and ask her to bring the thing." I told Ashton, making him snap at me in a nanosecond. "What about you?" He asks back, making me groan.

"I have to hold Calum back and I need to, hurry up and call Safeira!"

- - -

"I think this is so wrong." Saf bit her lower lip and shook his head, staring at Calum who was helplessly pinned against a cage with metal bars. He was past asleep since Ashton made him drink sleeping pills to ease his rage down. His wound on his stomach was already healing fast.

"What's wrong?" I ask my girlfriend, trying to find the wrong in what we did. "He doesn't have to be tied like that, he's not an animal." She sighed deeply.

"Werewolves are half-animal, incase you didn't know." Ashton buts in, being this one weird werewolf that makes everything complicated.

"He needs someone, Ace." She told me, which was right because I was actually thinking the same thing a while ago.

"Do you guys even know that Jourdan's already dead for four months now?" Ashton butted in again and it's already annoying me as hell.

"Shut up, Ashton!" I yelled at him, which he gave me a hurt look from what I manage to say at him. But he's just so irritating.

"I mean, Jourdan's the only someone that Calum needs!" Ashton says, making me shut my mouth up because the boy has a good point. No matter if it was me, Ashton or either Grayson's pack who would hold him down, it's useless. We're going to die if we try harder.

"He's right, Ace. Ashton has a point. There's no one-"

"I know one, Saf. The other girl that could tame Calum." I paused, right after I said my idea out loud. A huge smile crept in my face like I just succeeded on my evil plan and that I mentally pat myself proudly.

"Who?" Ashton and Saf said in unison, obviously desperate for my answer because their eyes showed how interested they were.

"Mali Koa."

- - -

The tires screeching from outside was the sign that the person we are expecting to come have already arrive. Truth is, we called Mali Koa from Brisbane to come to Sydney because her brother badly needs her-- actually scratch that out- he badly needs someone to keep him from killing himself and the only person I know is his own blood, his biological sister that I know was the only person he would listen to.

We rushed outside and met Calum's sister that I have never met before. A black porsche was parked outside the porch and after a while, a woman in black leather came out of it. She let her black hair fall to her back by waving it and carressing it with her hand. My jaw almost drop and I know, Ashton was too. But then I recieve a pinch on my side and realizing it was actually my girlfriend, I snap out of the trance. I blink my eyes for a few times before swallowing hard. She walked to us as if she's on a runway and she's unbelievably sexy, really.

"Hi, Ashton." Mali greeted Ashton and gave him a warm hug. Wow, isn't that boy lucky. She smiled at me and wave at Saf a hello. My girlfriend was too nice to smile back at her.

"You're Ace?" She pointed me. Darn, she knows me. "Yes, I am Ace." I smiled, nodding.

"How's Calum?"

I look over Ashton and he gave me a nervous look. Maybe he wanted me to tell the truth though the consequence was an emotional pain towards the sister of our friend.

"He's not okay." I say, taking a big breath and looking at Mali who nods in understatement. The look on her face was a mix of worry and disappointment.

"He's inside?" I nodded and lead her inside the house. She didn't mind the mess of the house and headed upstairs immedieately.

I opened the door to Calum's bedroom, being aware that Calum was actually tied up and Mali was going to see her brother in his worst condition.

A loud gasp was heard from her, bringing her hand to her mouth as the sight of Calum's struggling from the metal bars was before her eyes. She ran to Calum who was looking down to his feet.

"Calum, what happened to you?" Mali's soft voice seemed to wake Calum up, he slowly lift his head to meet his sister's eyes.

"M-mali?" He called.

I directly went to Calum to remove him from the metal bars and he almost fell to the ground of Mali wasn't able to catch him to her shoulders.

"Ace, can you leave us for a moment?" Mali pleaded, her sobs have told us that she, herself, was affected to what happened to her brother. I slowly nod, turning my heels around and leading the three of is outside.

I hope Mali could fix her brother, even if I know it's impossible.

malikoa omg sis