Chapter Thirty-Three

Maven

When I found Mare half-naked in the bathroom, covered in blood, my first thought was that she killed someone.

When I realized that she was the only one in our bathroom, I thought she tried to kill herself.

But then I saw the shattered glass; the blood, her tears and her exposed scars, and I just knew. She hates herself. She finally broke. She saw herself as the monster she has become and she despised it. She saw the scars I've given her, and she found me menacing. She was terrified; whimpering and delirious. She then proceeded to pass out in my arms. When I got her to the medical wing, I had a skin healer fix her scars. They are no longer there to torture her. She will only have their memory to dwell on.

Now, as I sit by her side, watching her sleep, I try to figure out a way out of Jon's plan.

Mare is going to hate me. I'm going to have to kill all of her friends. From what Jon tells me, what the Scarlet Guard is planning to do, I would have to give away my crown and my life. That will never happen. I will not lose what I have been working towards my whole life. No amount of love in the world could ever stop me.

So I just have to take all the time I can get with Mare before she goes back to hating me. I will have to be careful around her for now. Afterwards, when she loathes me, she might remember the good times we had together. And just maybe, if I try hard enough, she will have something that will keep her with me forever. I don't believe that she would ever keep my child away from me. Mare is not that dark, that unfeeling, yet.

But I am.

Sooooo... That just happened. chels_the_bookworm you don't know what will happen after my plan for Maven!!.... Hahaha. I'm so horrible, as a person, a writer, athletic,.... Oh jeez.

Pssssst. Who's POV should I do next? First person to comment a name, I'll do it. :)