Chapter Forty-Six

Kyra- Two days before bomb

Blood stains the boat. We had to push my maids into the water to get out quickly and all I can think of is their bodies. I'm still too shocked to process what is going on. Luka and Soren don't try to talk to me. All I know is that Soren is driving the boat and Luka has a steady hand on me the entire ride.

I've never been on a boat before. At least, I don't remember if I have. I suppose some people would find the waves and bumps irritating, but I find that it somehow calms me. I stare into the dark waters, wondering what sort of mystery lurks below. The stars above light up the sky and the moon is out for all to see. The wind chills my skin.

I go through what just happened in my mind. So many dead. I grew up with them. Yes, every once in a while some guards would be replaced like Eli, but they were my constant. They taught me everything I know. Jon only came by every once in a while and after my mom died, I was alone. The guards and maids made sure I was still learning basic information. They have me books and taught me how to write. Ronnie taught me math and science. He was big on biology and the stars. Kastle showed me how to cook and even how to clean. Apparently guards are very keen on that.

Now, they are almost all dead. Blake is dead. Ella and Grace are dead. I watched the life go out of them; the lights in their eyes diminish.

Suddenly, I need to know. I need to know what is going to happen, what is already happening. I grab Luke's arm and his eyes lock into mine.

"Say we are going to die." I tell him. My ability will not work unless somebody else says the statement out loud. Blake helped me figure that out.

Luke's face falls. "Kyra." He sighs, but solemnly he nods. "We are going to die."

I hold my breath for a moment as my mind figures things out. "False." I say, letting out a sigh.

Luka stares at me, a smile playing on his lips. "Can I say something else?"

I nod my consent.

"The Scarlet Guard camp is in the same location." Luke's deep voice rings true.

"Correct." I say, happy that he will be relieved.

I'm surprised that Soren could hear us over the road of the boats motor, but his voice is louder. "What exactly is your ability, princess?"

I raise my eyebrows at the nickname, but he can't see me. "I can tell if something is true or false by having someone say the statement." I yell back to him.

"Anything at all? Even for future events?"

I nod, then realize again that he cannot see me. "Yes!"

"Good to know!"

I shake my head at him, wondering not for the first time why he is here.

Okay. I'll be posting short chapters of Kyra until they get to the site of the destroyed Scarlet Guard camp.

What did you think? 💜💜