Chapter 12

Needless to say, the party was an absolute flop. Well, not the party itself because Luke and I managed to have one of the best nights, but the plan was a flop. While all of Ellis' friends and house mates showed up, he didn't. After finding out the news we decided to ditch the plan and go on with our night and make it the best we could. And that's what we were best known for.

"Ugh, why are you leaving early?" I groaned at Luke as I stopped tapping my pencil on the table. He shushed me, seeing as we were in a public library just a few blocks from my house.

"It's just 3 days." He quietly laughed. I leaned back into my chair and folded my arms across my chest.

"But we were supposed to leave together." I pouted. He rolled his eyes at me since he had explained at least 20 times that he was leaving for or Thanksgiving break, that was in 2 weeks, because his mom wanted him around to help set up for the huge dinner they were having.

Every Thanksgiving for the past 10 years has been the same for us. Luke and his immediate family came over for an early lunch and we'd hang around for a few hours and then they'd leave just as all of their cousins and grandparents started piling into their house and prepared for a huge dinner. I'd never been to one since it was just his family, but he'd told me about them and he said they were the definition of chaos, he told me every year.

We had planned on leaving together since we had only lived in a mile radius of each other. He moved into the neighborhood right across the street from mine and it was beyond convenient. I had the idea of leaving with him and keeping at our original plan, but I didn't bring it up since I didn't want to feel as if I was getting in the way. But we did have 2 weeks to figure a few things out and it didn't bother me.

It's been a week since that Halloween party we went to and I'm pretty sure that's how long Luke's had a hangover. Even though it's not really possible, but he did give in and have a drink, then it just went downhill from there. I had discovered he was a lightweight and me being actually sober the whole time it was entertaining to watch, but I had stopped him at some point and dragged him back home. 

"Just help me." He grumbled as he leaned his head into his hand that was supported by his elbow on the table. I sat back up and skimmed over the endless physics questions. We were lucky enough to share a class and it wasn't either of our strong subjects, so we were now trying to figure out how were going we were going to pass our tests on Monday.

I began trying to explain the problems as well as I could since I was just starting to understand it. I kept reading over the paper, letting words and sentences just randomly fall out of my mouth, but got distracted by Luke scooting closer to me.

"What are you doing?" I plainly asked, not moving me eyes from the textbook in front of me.

"Am I making you uncomfortable?" He questioned. I glanced up at him, moving back a little when I saw how close he was getting to me.

"Yes." I answered with a quiet laugh. He leaned in even closer to me, nudging his shoulder on mine.

"Good." He smirked. I knocked his elbow off the table which made him nearly fall of his chair since he was so clumsy. 

"You know, you're so annoying." I muttered while a smile began to tug at the corner of my lips. He shrugged his shoulders and I turned to face him.

"I know." He replied, looking up and meeting my eyes with his own. 

"No, you don't know. That's why you keep going." I stated.

"Oh but I do know, Primrose." I frowned at the use of my first name, he had used it only sparingly now, but he seemed to do it whenever I was the least fond of it. "I know you better than you know yourself and that is the reason why I keep going. Because you don't really think I'm annoying you just don't like people being so close to you." He explained.