Chapter 21

"Just finish the last 10." Luke suggested. I dropped my pencil against the wooden table that I sat at at least once a week for a study session with Luke. The library was starting to overflow since it was 2 weeks until our finals for the first semester.

"No." I groaned. I slumped back into my chair from frustration. We'd been here for what felt like hours and the seemingly endless pages of calculus wasn't helping.

"You only have 10 left!" His voice raised as loud as it could go in the setting of the quiet library. I crossed my arms over my chest as he rested his head in his hand.

"It's annoying me." I said, rubbing my eyes as I was in need of yet another coffee from the cafe right around the corner. He shook his head at me, pulling his textbook to him.

"Everything annoys you." He added. I watched as he searched for a random page in the book, scanning a few pages, probably to help me figure out what to do for the last problems I had.

I felt the table bump, Luke and I looking up at the same time to meet a girl who was dressed in a skirt in December. Her blonde hair flicked over her shoulder and the familiar black rimmed glasses gave off just who it was.

"Cianna?" Luke said once he saw her surprised expression. It looked like she was just as surprised to see us as we were to see her.

"Hi." She shortly chirped, giving both of us a small wave. I returned it back with a forced smile as she whisked off and went back to her table that was barely in our sight. I sat back up slowly as Luke turned to me, clearly as confused as I was.

"That was weird." He mumbled.

"I know." I replied as I swiftly looked over at him. "I didn't even know she knew what a book was." I whispered as I watched her twirl a piece of her hair around her finger.

"Don't be rude." Luke sighed.

"The glasses are convincing until you hear her speak." I added, turning in my chair to where my knees hit the side of Luke's legs.

"She comes here every Sunday, the last time we saw her she was actually with the same tutor." He explained, looking over to me as he tapped the end of his pencil on the table.

"When did we see her here?" I asked. I reached to pull the pencil from his hand, but the annoying noise had stopped before I had the chance to force it to end.

"When I told you I was leaving early." He started, now facing me. "Before the break?" My eyebrows furrowed at the news I was receiving. I don't remember seeing Cianna's face, but I do remember the blonde girl Luke couldn't keep his eyes off of.

"You were ogling Cianna that day?" I half laughed, trying to stay quiet.

"I was not ogling." He defended, shutting his textbook and putting it in his backpack. He cleared his throat as I began to follow his lead and pack up my things as well, even though we weren't finished. "I was wondering what was up with her and her, uh, 'tutor'." He put the word in air quotes, causing me to become more curious.

"What do you mean 'tutor'?" I repeated. He shrugged his shoulders as he stood up and hauled his bag over his shoulder.

"They were all over each other. It kind of makes me sick." He confessed. I scoffed under my breath since it was a typical Cianna thing to do.

"Isn't she still with Ellis?" I questioned.

"Yeah, at least I think so. He still lives with her. I saw him walking in there when I went to Ashton's a few nights ago." He gripped onto his straps as I discreetly glared over to where Cianna was sitting by herself.