Chapter 42

"Wind in my hair, feet in the sand, my hand on your ass," Luke said, both of us laying on our stomachs on our towels on the beach.

"You head will be in the sand if you don't move it." I mumbled, swatting Luke's hand off of my butt.

"I hate you." He laughed. I turned my head to face him, giving him a small smile.

"I love you too," I said, scrunching my nose up at him. I rolled over onto my back, sliding my sunglasses over my eyes and sighing. "Can we live here next year?" I asked, looking back over at him.

He laughed as he squinted his eyes at me to avoid the harsh sun. "I wish. But if we find the stupid amount of money it takes to get out here, then I say we go," He said, getting me to shake my head.

"Do you think we could pull it off?" I asked, glancing down at him then to the waves that were crashing down a few feet away from us.

"Autumn," Luke said in a serious tone. He sat up and put a hand on my shoulder while looking right into my eyes. "You're going to have to start stripping." He told me.

"Stop." I whined, shoving his shoulder. "You know you can sell one of your kidneys to the black market for like, 260 grand?"

"No way?" He raised his eyebrows at me out of surprise. "How do you know that?" He laughed, pulling the Ray-Bans off of my face to put over his own eyes.

"I don't know." I truthfully said. "But I can tell you that I still have two kidneys." I assured him.

"Not for long." He replied, poking at my stomach. I pushed his hand away, but instead he had taken it in his as he laid back down on his stomach. "But if we're ever in a financial struggle, remind me of that." He joked.

"You know it's illegal, right?" I laughed, leaning back onto my elbows.

"It's not illegal if we don't get caught." He answered.

I raised an eyebrow at him, "I wouldn't risk going to jail for however many years over a kidney."

"Pfft, a kidney that's worth $260,000. I would."

"Then what would you do with your money if you got thrown in jail?" I asked, looking back over at him.

"Let you use it to bail me out." He told me, taking my sunglasses off of his eyes and handing them back to me.

"I'd prefer not to be dating a criminal, but I guess we could make it work." I chuckled, getting a small shove on my thigh from him. "What? I'm just being truthful!" I laughed as he rolled his eyes.

I turned back to face the water, seeing Ashton running back up the shore, except this time without Michael. Luke and I watched as he pulled a towel from the bag I had brought to dry himself off with.

"I don't understand how Michael does that." He sighed as he laid down his towel in front of us.

"Does what?" Luke and I said together, glancing at each other before back at Ashton.

"He attracts literally every girl," he said. We laughed at his words only for him to shake his head at us.

"He has cool hair and a cute smile, what more could a girl want?" I replied. Ashton laughed as Luke furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"Hey!" He seemed offended, but the smile on his face let me know that he was being playful. "You're annoying." He told him, sitting up at the way and wrapping an arm around my shoulders. I leaned my head on his shoulder as Ashton rolled his eyes at us.

"Couples are gross." He scoffed, leaning into his hands behind him. "Especially you guys." He added.

"It's Luke who's the gross one," I said, putting a finger to Luke's lips before he could interject and defend himself. "But what happened between you and Cianna? I thought you liked her." I asked in confusion.