Chapter 35

I just got back to apartment after spending a whole day with a few friends when we were supposed to be working on a project for our physics class. I told Luke I would be home at 7 but as it was now 8 and my phone was dead, I was expecting a very worried Luke when I got inside.

I clung onto my plastic back in my hand as I had just picked up a few things which was one of the reasons I was coming home an hour later. I jiggled my keys into the door and stepped inside, slowly shutting the door behind me.

I immediately heard foot steps coming towards me and started setting my things by the door.

"Thank God, I was about to go right over to Natalie's myself." Luke said to me as I slipped my shoes off. He shook his head and ran his fingers through his hair as he stopped.

"My phone died and I had a few stops to make before I got home, sorry." I sheepishly said as I walked towards the living.

"And you couldn't have used any of their phones?" He asked, crossing his arms as he watched down at me from my spot on the couch.

"It died right when left, I would've called you." I explained as he let out a sigh. He uncrossed his arms, narrowing his eyes in confusion.

"What did you even have to get?" He asked as he took a step back, pulling his phone out from his pocket and checking the time.

"Can you get off my ass a little bit?" I snapped, his questions adding onto my stress and turning it into irritation, definitely one of my bad habits.

He raised an eyebrow at me as he slipped his phone back into his back pocket. There was an awkward silence as we stared at each other, me still siting on the couch while he slowly swayed from side to side.

I sighed and rubbed my face with my hands, brushing a few strands of hair out of my eyes. I popped my knuckles as I thought of whether to apologize or just to let it go, but Luke had spoke up again before I had the chance to.

"It's 8:20, do you want to eat here or do you want me to run and go get something?" He plainly asked.

"Here. I'm not even in the mood to get up." I sighed again and he nodded his head at my response, heading into the kitchen.

I shook a hand through my hair and stood up, grabbing the few bags I had and walking towards my room. After a long day of researching and writing and practically frying my brain, all I wanted to do was put on comfy clothes and sleep forever.

I set my things down on my bed, stripping off my clothes and rummaging through my drawers for a t-shirt and shorts. I was thankful that it was just about to head into spring and I wouldn't have to worry about our heating bill being so high anymore.

I tugged my clothes over my body and went back to my bed, sighing as I collected a few things in my hand and carry them to bathroom since they were mostly shampoos and body washes.

"Hey Autumn?" Luke called out as I walked towards my bathroom with full hands.

"Yeah?" I answered just as he showed up in the door way.

"Would you happen to know where-What's that?" He suddenly asked as I started setting things down.

"What's what?" I raised an eyebrow as he pointed down to the counter and to the pills I had to go get. "A prescription I picked up." I shrugged, putting it into the side drawer of my counter.

"You told me to pick up your migraine ones a couple days ago, is there something going on with you?" He worriedly asked as I began to decided whether or not I should tell him what it really was.

"No, no. I'm fine." I chuckled. I looked up into my mirror to find him staring right back at me with no sign of less worry. I sighed, "It's birth control. I picked it up just to be safe and I heard it helps with your skin anyways so I got it." I explained as I turned to face him.