Chapter 28

My mind kept replaying last nights events as I stared at my blank ceiling, laying in the comforting silence. It was weird to think that it was Luke I ended up losing my virginity to, but it was anything but a bad choice. It cleared a lot of things up for me and settled a few thoughts, like it made me not even care about Ellis and Cianna anymore or having to keep Luke and I on the down low. I wanted to flaunt whatever we had to the world and I knew he did too. The only thing left to settle was the timing.

Last night after a quick shower together and me yelling at him not to get my hair wet, we hurried back downstairs as if nothing had happened and spent the last hour of the night on the couch surrounded by some old friends with a drink in hand. After they all had left we went straight back upstairs and crashed back in my room with nothing but heavy eyes and tired limbs. I'd woken up with his t-shirt on and my dress thrown to the other side of my room, so I guessed I somehow slipped out of it in the middle of the night.

The sun was peaking through my thin curtains, illuminating my room. I've been lying in bed for about an hour with Luke's head resting on my stomach and his body sprawled out across my bed. He was clinging tight to my side as I ran my fingers through the tips of his tousled hair.

It was early and I knew if I fell back asleep I'd wake up at noon and not have enough time to clean up my trashed house before my parents got back home. But I knew that if I woke up Luke he wouldn't be too happy with me.

As soon as the idea ran through my mind, Luke's body shifted underneath the covers, making me freeze with my actions. His head popped up slightly, then fell back onto my now bare torso from where my shirt had risen up to my waist. He looked back slightly, just enough to catch me eye.

"Hi." He spoke, practically forcing the word out, giving me a sleepy smile.

"Hi." I giggled at his choice of words, watching as he slowly untangled himself from me and moved his head to the pillow next to mine. I turned over to my side, pulling the blanket up to my chin.

He stared between my eyes, blinking slowly as we laid in each others company.

"How are you feeling?" His voice was raspy yet still filled with care. It took me a second to realize what he was asking before I actually gave him an answer. I sighed lightly as he scooted towards me.

"Normal." I said, letting him sling an arm over me. "But sore, I guess." I let out a short laugh, unsure of how I was supposed to feel or if I was supposed to at all. "I feel okay."

"I'm glad." He mumbled, kissing the crown of of head, lingering for a few seconds before pulling back. He rested his head on the pillow, returning back to what felt like a stare off.

"Do you want to do me a favor?" He questioned, propping his head up on his hand.

"What is it?" I replied, smiling as he intertwined his fingers with mine under the blanket.

"Be my girlfriend." He said, my breath instantly hitching. I closed my eyes, shaking my head at his 'favor'.

"What's in it for me?" I squeezed his hand once as his face brightened up.

"Free dinner and having no excuse to not let me kiss you." His teeth caught a hold of his lip, making it seem like he was anxious for my answer even though we both knew I was going to say yes.

"Then I will be your girlfriend, Mr. Luke Hemmings." I nodded my head at him just a second before he wrapped him arms tightly around me, peppering my face with kisses as we both erupted into faint laughter. I was finally able to push him away, sitting up as he rolled onto his back with his arms behind his head.

"Your first duty as my boyfriend, is to help me clean up this house." I stretched my arms over my head and he pulled a not-so-subtle frown.

"Now?" He groaned.