The Begining Of It All

(Please read at least past the first chapter. It's not the best, but I feel like you'll like it better as it goes)

~~~~~~~

Natasha Lanning inhaled as she looked out of the carriage window. The castle was vastly spread out before her. It was a lot larger than she had ever imagined in her life. She had never been anywhere near a house of this magnitude. She couldn't believe that this was actually happening at this very moment. She thought back to when her mother told her about how this was all going to take place.

~Two Weeks Earlier~

"Natasha. I need you to pay very close attention to me" Her mother Victoria Lanning told her. There was a spike of irritation in her mothers voice she noted. Natasha turned away from her mirror and faced her mother fully.

"What is it mother" Natasha sighed heavily. Her mother was never her favorite person. She was a spiteful and mean person and she couldn't stand the woman. she barely even registered her as her mother at all. She heard her mother huff as she started to pace the floor in front of her.

"You are now a young woman. You should have been married long ago. No one wants to marry a stubborn, pig headed girl like you though. So, I've come up with a plan so that you might actually be able to get a man to even notice you. I have bought some new clothes for you. In about two weeks there will be a royal ball. You will be going to the ball and you will find a man before coming back who is willing to marry you. If you come back without a proposal or if you refuse to even go then I will marry you and your sister to whoever is willing to take you. " Her mother hadn't looked at her once as she told her all of this.

"You can't do that though! Bella is only thirteen!" Natasha stood up and glared at her mother. She couldn't believe her own ears. What kind of mother would send a child to get married? Then again she wasn't much of a mother in the first place.

"I can assure you that I very well can. So, it's up to you. Your sisters life is in your hands at the moment and it all depends on what you do as to what happens to Bella" Victoria told her.

Natasha stared unbelieving at the woman before her. The woman who had had two children held in her belly for nine months and then raised them for eighteen years altogether would give them away in the blink of an eye and to complete strangers. "So, what's in it for you" Natasha asked grinding her teeth. "What could possibly be in it for you" Natasha asked her.

"Well" her mother said as she sat on the edge of Natasha's mattress. "For one I get a house all to my own. Since your father is dead I don't really need to keep his kids around now do I? I'd also be getting money from whoever has the bad luck of marrying the two of you" Victoria smiled at her. "In all reality though, you might find your mate. It can't be that bad" her mother smiled at her.

"You really disgust me" Natasha spat her.

"That honestly doesn't offend me much. You've been a disgust to me since your birth. I thought little Bella would have been an improvement, but both of you are wretched little creatures" Victoria spat the words out at her. The venom in her voice and the hatred in her eyes was nothing compared to what Natasha was looking like right now. Natasha was livid. She had heard such things from Victoria all of her life, but she couldn't stand to hear anything about her sister. "You better be ready in two weeks" her mother told her as she quickly stormed out of the room.

~The Present~

Natasha exhaled quietly and closed her eyes. She had to find someone who would marry her and take her sister too. She couldn't let her mother stay anywhere near her sister for longer than necessary. She hope more than anything that she didn't find her mate here. Though, she really doubted that she would. She just didn't want to be tied down to a mate. They'd want to always be around her and what not. She just wanted a simple, rich man who, after two months of their wedding would pretty much forget about her. She felt a tear fall without her permission. She quickly wiped it away. She knew that she was going to have to lie to everyone in the castle. When she opened her eyes she saw a shooting star fly across the sky. She quickly wished that her lies would be believable and her sister would be safe until she could get her out of her mothers grasps. Suddenly the carriage came to a stop and her heart stopped also as the door was opened for her.