The Wedding (Part I)

~~~A/N~~~

So, I hope that you all enjoy the story so far. This chapter should be pretty interesting to read. I hope you all love it along with the second part! There will probably be a third part as well. :)

It's the day of the wedding and as she stared at her reflection in the mirror, she could see a calm looking woman staring back. She knew that on the inside she was freaking out though. Practically breaking down. Her tan skin contrasted with her long white dress. Her brown hair was pulled up in a tight bun. She knew that she had to go on with this, because it was the only way to make this all work out. She just had to make sure that the ceremony went as slow as possible so that Emen would have enough time to come and save her. She took a deep breath and allowed some girl to put some blush on her cheeks and some lipstick on her lips. She thought that she looked funny, but they assured her that she looked beautiful. It didn't really matter though, because this wasn't going to be her real wedding. During her real wedding, she would actually look beautiful.

Natasha slipped her feet into some white flats. They were cute, but that wasn't why she wanted to wear them. She wanted shoes that she could run in. She felt someone putting the veil on her head and it flowed over her face. She had never saw the point in veils when they'd just be lifted up minutes later. She hoped that Emen would be on his way. She would kill him if she had to kiss that wretched old man again. He was completely vile and she couldn't stand him. She couldn't even believe that he dared to hit her. Speaking of which, she had a nice bruise to show for it. He had made sure to order the girl doing her make-up to make sure that it was covered for the wedding though. She didn't know who he was kidding. No amount of make-up would cover up the dark purple bruise he had given her. She slowly and lightly ran her finger across it. She couldn't change the past, but she could change the future.

"Time for you to get going" a man said behind her. She looked at his reflection in the mirror. She didn't know who he was and was pretty sure that she had never seen him before. "I know you're nervous, but everything will be okay. You may need to buy some time, so we can walk slowly up the aisle" he told her. There was something about the way that he said it. Like he knew her plans.

"Who are you" Natasha asked him, confused and curious.

"I am Tyler and I'll be walking you down the aisle" he smiled at her. She turned to actually look at him. "You look lovely" he told her. She didn't really believe him, but thanked him anyways.

"So, why would you care about me wanting to take my time" Natasha asked him.

"I can see that you're having a hard time with all of this and I'm here to make sure that you are safe" Tyler told her. She sighed as her gaze turned hard. Of course. The Duke had sent him to make sure that she wouldn't run.

"Let's just get this over with" she told him. She walked out past him and to the double doors where the wedding ceremony was being. She felt her hand being put into the crook of Tyler's arm.

"I'm here to help you" he told her quietly.

"Help me by making sure that I get to the end of the aisle" she told him. "I don't call that much help." She didn't even look at him, but she heard him sigh heavily.

"Just stay strong" he whispered to her. She ignored him and took one more deep breath right before she heard an organ playing "Here comes the bride." She never had liked this tune. It was rather annoying. She felt Tyler squeeze her hand before they started making their way down the aisle. They both went at a slow pace. If she didn't know better, she would think that he was going even slower than what she was. It was like he was really trying to get them to go slower. Maybe he was trying to prolong the agony of this whole thing for her. Well, it helped her in a way. It gave Emen more time to come and save her. She searched the crowd around them for emen. She didn't spot him and her heart sank slightly. She knew that he had to come. He just had to.

Though the walk up the aisle was a lot longer than it should have been, it wasn't close to long enough. Tyler put her hand in the Dukes. She grimaced as she felt his wrinkly, clammy skin on hers. She had never been more disgusted in her life until right then. Charles pulled her closer as Tyler stood as the best man. "You look beautiful. I can't wait until I see how beautiful you are tonight" he whispered in her ear. She shuddered and changed her mind. Now this was the most she had ever felt this much disgust in her life. She scanned the crowd with her eyes once more before turning towards the priest. She felt light headed, her stomach was churning, and she felt like her lungs were being crushed in an iron fist. There was no way that she could go through with this to the very end.

"We are gathered here today to" the priest started to drone on and on. All she could think of was her little sister and emen. Her little sister would be safe with Emen, even if he didn't come in time to save her from this terrible event. She knew that she could trust Emen. She wouldn't have let her go with him if she didn't think that he'd protect her and keep her safe and happy. She was jolted back to reality when her hand was squeezed hard.

"I'm sorry. Can you repeat that" Natasha asked him. The priest gave her an odd look.

"Just pay attention" Charles hissed at her. Apparently he hadn't even said anything directed towards her. The Duke had just noticed that she had been zoning out.

"Now. Does anybody object" the priest asked. Everyone looked around, including herself. She felt her heart drop into her stomach as she didn't notice Emen stepping forward or Emen at all. She turned her gaze just in time to see Tyler with a gun pointed at the Dukes head. "I object" his voice rang out across the church. Her jaw dropped as she turned her gaze to the church and saw other men around the room with guns pointed at men who seemed to be guards of the Dukes. "I object as well" Emen spoke out as he slowly started to walk up the aisle. Her heart soared as she looked at him. Their eyes connected right before she felt a sharp pain in her side. She looked down to see a dagger sticking out of her body, right below her ribs and a crimson red color flowed across her pure white dress.