Hoping To Be Forgotten

Natasha was trying to figure out a excuse to get out of this dance with him as he pulled her to her feet. The sparks running from her arm all the way through out her body wasn't helping her brain to think though. She was about to tell him that she was just a terrible dancer, but the Duke of Warrington suddenly showed up. "I would dance with you, but I already promised my first dance to the Duke" she said extracting her hand from the Prince's. She felt the Prince's breath on her neck.

"He may get your first, but I'll get your last" he promised her. With that, he was gone. She took a deep breath and put her hand in the Duke's. For some reason, just the feel of his hand on her arm just felt so right. So unlike her hand touching the Duke's. In fact, the Duke was just creepy in all honesty. She just couldn't be stuck with someone like the prince. Why would he want her sister to be part of a package with her? Well, why would anyone want to have her sister be part of the package? She realized that no one would. This was pretty much a lost cause. She bit her lip and figured that she was just going to disappear after this song. She couldn't stay and lie anymore for nothing. She came back to the present to see herself gracefully dancing across the room with the Duke. This couldn't be her right? Then she thought about it and realized that she was just following him. It wasn't as hard as she and thought that it would have been.

Natasha sighed in relief when the song was over. She retracted her hand from his and curtsied as he bowed. "It was a very lovely dance" he told her. Natasha smiled and replied with the same. She looked around for the closest exit. There was a side door that looked like it went out to the garden. She made her way over to the door. The entire time her wolf was howling and telling her not to leave their mate. She blocked her wolf out as much as possible. She made it to the garden door and got outside. She saw the moon high in the sky with stars sprinkling out across the sky. It was pure beauty. She shook her head in disappointment. This night was nothing like she expected. She never expected to meet her mate or not find a husband. 'Oh, well. Things happen' she told herself. She had to get back home and try to reason with her mother. Telling her that she could get her as much money as she wanted, but it would just take a bit of time. She'd get three jobs if she had to and she could sell her off if she wanted. She just didn't want anything to happen to Bella.

She took off her shoes. She knew that she'd ruin the lovely dress by shifting, but she didn't care. She just knew that she could get to the train a lot faster if she was in her wolf form. She transformed and then just started running. She heard someone calling her name and somehow she knew that it was the Prince. It pushed her to go faster. She suddenly heard a howl in the darkness and her heart almost stopped. That couldn't be the Prince, could it? Her wolf answered though. She tried to quiet her and went faster. She could hear something coming behind her though and it was coming fast. Him being of royal blood made it so that he was very fast. Besides he was a male and males were more common to be faster. She dodged to the left to try to get him to slow down a bit, but he only seemed to be gaining on her. Before she knew it, he was right behind her. She growled at him when he nipped at her tail.

Her heart was thumping in her chest there was no way that she could get away from him at this point. She suddenly felt a force pushing her into the ground. She had slid a ways before coming to a stop. She felt his presence standing over her. He was growling and there was a rumble in his chest. She had never been afraid of anyone, but she felt a tinge of fear because of him. He moved so he was off of her and was pacing not to far away. She slowly stood up and moved so she could watch him. She didn't know why he couldn't just let her go? He suddenly was a human. He shifted? why would he shift when he knew what was going to happen. She had caught a glimpse of his naked self, before quickly looking away. She growled lowly when he started coming towards her. "Don't growl at me" he told her. She slowly started to back away as he advanced towards her. "Stop backing away" he said, becoming frustrated. She suddenly stopped. Her wolf whimpered. Why was her wolf so weak? "Why don't you want me" he whispered. He got down on his knees before her. His voice sounded so sad and broken. She looked at his face. Just his face.

She closed her eyes and shifted before quickly moving so she was covering everything. She sat on the ground and pulled her knees up to her chest, wrapped her arms around her legs, and leaned her chin on her knees. "You don't really know me and if you did, you wouldn't want to be with me" she whispered.