Doing What's Right

Natasha had finished crying for a while now. They were still walking. Well, he was. He was still carrying her with her arms wrapped around his neck. She was guessing that it was the whole mate thing, but he made her feel so much better. "I'm really sorry about breaking down" Natasha told him as she kept her eyes trained on his shirt so that she didn't have to focus on his face.

"It's very understandable. It's not like you were crying for nothing. You were crying because of all of the hurt that you have been feeling for all of your life. I wouldn't call it breaking down. I'd call it letting everything out. I know that you feel that you have lost your sister for forever, but I promise we will get her back. No matter what it takes" Emen promised her. He kissed her forehead and continued to walk. Natasha wiped her face to get rid of the evidence of her crying as much as possible. She was sure that her eyes were red and puffy and her nose was probably the same.

"I'd rather walk" Natasha told him. She didn't look at him as he put her on her own two feet and let her walk. She felt like he would look at her differently. Like she wouldn't be as strong as she had been. She had let herself go back there and she couldn't stand it. She had grown up to be strong and not let others effect her because of how her mother treated her. That was the only way to survive in her eyes. Pretend like nothing ever hurt. Then it felt like nothing ever did hurt. She was stopped by a hand on her arm.

"You know that you can trust me right. I'm here for you. You aren't alone anymore Natasha" Emen told her. He was looking into her eyes and as she looked back, she saw no hate or lies. It was the first time in a long time that all she saw in someones eyes, was love. He pulled her into a hug and she let him. She closed her eyes and breathed in his scent. He made her feel comfortable and happy. She pulled away from him and took in a deep breath. "I think the first thing that we should do is find a bathroom or something to get you washed up in" Emen told her. She was confused until she looked down. Her knuckles were covered in blood. "I think you might have broke your mothers nose" emen told her.

"I didn't think that I had hit her that hard" Natasha said with wide eyes as she looked at her hands.

"Now don't you dare feel guilty over doing that. The woman deserved it honestly. You should be glad that I hadn't gotten ahold of her" Emen told her as he took her hands in his. She looked up at him and they kept on walking. They found a small restaurant and went inside. She excused herself and went into the bathroom. There was no one else there. She looked at her reflection in the mirror. She looked like a total mess. Her hair was sticking up every which way. There was grass and twigs with the occasional chunks of mud sticking through out it. She hadn't remembered rolling on the ground, but she must have at some point during the fight. Her face had mud smeared on it and there were tear streaks going through the muck on her face that had dried on the walk. Her eyes were puffy and red along with her nose. She saw a swollen part on her cheek. Had she missed her mother hitting her in the face too? Probably. She hadn't really been paying attention as she tried to pummel her mothers face into the ground. Her clothes were now torn and dirty. Her knuckles had dried blood over them. She sighed. This was going to be a long process.

Natasha moved her head under the sink and ran the water. She rinsed a good bit of all the stuff out. She pumped some soap into her hair and took about twenty pain staking minutes to wash her hair out as clean as she could. She took the flexible bracelet that she had on her wrist and used it as a hair tie to pull her hair up. She then washed her face and her hands the best that she could. She made sure that nobody was in the bathroom before stripping quickly to just her bra and panties. She took some paper towels and wet them and started to wash off her body. She then stuck her clothes in the sink and washed them the best she could. She wrung out the clothes and then stuck them under the hand dryer and stood there waiting for them to dry. When they were just damp she stuck them on again. She looked in the mirror and noticed that she still looked like a mess. She just didn't look like she had stepped out of a lagoon kind of mess. She did notice that a bruise was forming on her cheek. Nothing that wouldn't heal in an hour or two with her being a werewolf. She was pretty sure that she had taken almost two hours doing all of this. She walked out of the bathroom to see emen sitting in a booth by himself. He was staring out the window, but immediately his gaze went to her when she stepped out.

"Well, you look beautiful" emen smiled at her.

"You don't have to lie to me. I saw my reflection in there" Natasha told him.

"You will always look beautiful to me" Emen told her. She didn't see any lie in his eyes. "So, I feel like we should eat before we start on this huge mission of getting your sister" Emen told her.

"Can we just grab something and go. I don't mean to rush, but I took way too long in there. Way longer than I ever should have. I mean I just don't want Bella with that man any longer than she has to be" Natasha told him.

"I totally understand" Emen told her with a smile. He got up and walked right into the kitchen of the restaurant. Did he even realize that there were boundaries to what he could do? Well, he was royalty so it wasn't like anyone would go against him. He returned moments later with a huge bag which she could only assume had food in it. She shook her head at him, but smiled. They walked outside hand and hand and talked on their way to the train. It was actually a very nice moment. They got onto the train and they ate their food as they waited for their stop. She knew exactly where the Duke lived. They finished eating right before their stop. Natasha took a deep breath as they got off of the train. Emen took her hand in his as they walked up to the mansion. It was like a palace in size. He squeezed her hand right before he knocked on the door.

A few minutes went by before a woman answered the door. "Can I help you" she asked them. She was smiling at emen and completely ignoring Natasha.

"Get The Duke" Emen told her in a cold voice. Natasha smiled at the fact that he didn't even seem to really be looking at the woman. Just at the room behind her.

"I will tell him that he has visitors. You can come in and have a seat in the sitting room" the woman flashed him a smile. They both walked in and were escorted into a lovely room. They sat down on a settee together. He held her hand tightly and she smiled at him. They waited about fifteen minutes before the door opened and Charles Sanders walked in.

"Well, it's a pleasure to see the two of you again. How may I help you" he asked as he sat in a chair with a tall back.

"I think that you know what we want" Emen told him. He was cutting straight to the point.

"I think we all know that what you want won't come without a price" Charles told them.

"What would you like" Natasha asked him. "We'll give you anything. I just want my sister to be safe with me once again. You don't need her. You can have anyone else. She's just a child" Natasha snapped at him.

"You know. You're right. I don't really want her. I do want something else though. You did say that you'd give anything for your dear little sister. Right" he asked her with a raised eyebrow.

"Anything" Natasha told him.

"Your hand in marriage" The Duke said with a twinkle in his eye.

~~~A/N~~~

So, I wanted to apologize for not posting for a bit. I've been very sick and still am. I also had writers block so I'm hoping that this was an okay chapter.  :)