A Step In The Right Direction

Natasha woke up the next morning and found a dress in the bathroom. It was a casual, but very elegant dress. She put it on and a pair of shoes that must have been left there last night. She decided not to wake up Emen and went to go find the dining room. She walked all the way to the first floor, because she was guessing this floor would be where it's at. She decided to ask the first person that walked by. It was a girl around her age in a maid uniform. "Excuse me. Could you possibly help me find the dining room" she asked her. The girl was very beautiful.

"Here, I'll show you" the maid told her. She didn't seem too happy about showing her or even talking to her. The girl who looked around her age showed her to the dining room before leaving with a huff. Well, someone didn't seem to like her very much. Natasha walked into the Dining Room and paused with wide eyes at what she saw. There were at least 60 werewolves in the room at that very moment and she knew none of them. All of their eyes went to her and their conversations stopped.

"Well, look who it is" a red head said with a goofy grin on his face. He seemed to be slightly younger than herself. "So, you'll be the new Luna after you and Emen marry and you go through the ceremony right" he asked her. Natasha looked at him and shrugged.

"I mean I guess that's how it would work right" she asked him. She should probably know the answer, but she still wasn't sure if she was just going to end up leaving or not.

"Well, it's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Sam. It's really nice to meet you" Sam said as he held out his hand for her to shake. She walked along the side of the table to where he was sitting and shook his hand.

"The pleasure is all mine. I'm Natasha" she told him. All of a sudden it was a mad house. Everyone wanted their soon-to-be Luna to know their names and shake her hand as well. Sam stood in front of her and pushed her into the corner and pushed some of the guys that were getting too close to her and getting too rough.

"You all need to calm down right now" Sam yelled at them. Some did, but others continued. Suddenly one of the aggressive werewolves was thrown off to the side and another throne at the table, making food go everywhere. There was a menacing growl coming from Emen. The rest of the aggressive males backed away quite fast. Same moved slightly so he wasn't blocking Natasha from Emen, but still ready to help keep other werewolves away. Emen grabbed her and pulled her into his arms. He checked to make sure she was okay.

"Did anyone touch you" emen asked her. He was being dead serious.

"No. I just shook Sam's' hand and then everybody went crazy. I mean I guess they were just excited about meeting their future Luna I guess" Natasha tried to explain. She didn't want them to get into any trouble.

Well, Sam is the future Beta so I'm fine with that. He's also my best friend" Emen smiled at Sam. "Thanks for protecting her" Emen said putting his hand on Sam's shoulder. Sam just nodded as a reply and looked at the werewolves around the room. "If I see this happen again then whoever is participating in the bothering of my mate will be severely punished.. Is that understood" Emen asked. There were immediate "yes" answers throughout the entire room before it fell silent again. Emen turned to Natasha as everyone sat in their seats and started eating and their conversations again. "Why didn't you come get me when you wanted to come down here" Emen asked her confused and a little hurt. Natasha sighed and tried her hardest not to roll her eyes. This is exactly what she was worried about happening. Having a mate and having them watch her every move pretty much.

"I thought you could use the sleep with me waking you up in the middle of the night. I was just going to find something to eat real quick before going to have that talk with your mother so that we can go get my sister" Natasha shrugged.

"Well, you're not eating out here today. Lets go to the kitchen and we can eat there" Emen told her. He took her hand and directed her towards the kitchen. She looked back to see Sam wave at her and smiled. She liked Sam already. When they got into the kitchen they sat down on a couple of stools that were at a granite counter. "What would you like to eat" Emen asked.