The Truth Comes Out

Natasha took a deep breath as she stared at Emen. She felt like he truly cared about her. Well, he jumped off of a train, carried her all the way here, and he never left her side for weeks straight. So, he must care right? "I feel like you'll hate me after I tell you this" Natasha told him honestly. Emen squeezed her hand gently.

"I won't hate you. I just want to know the truth. I want to know my real mate" Emen told her with a small smile. He was trying to encourage her and it was working.

Natasha looked down at their hands and began to tell him how this all came to be. "Well, when I was little I had both of my parents. They were both so happy and loving towards each other and towards me. They then had my little sister Bella. Well, my father was killed around when I turned six or so. Ever since then my mother changed. She turned into this horrid woman. It was like she hadn't ever been the kind woman she had been before. She had just changed so much and in a bad way. Maybe it was because of the stress of raising two children on her own. She did have to work in the stalls until that horrible man paid her a whole house just to marry me. She started to say mean things to me and about me all of the time. I began to think that I was worthless. She wasn't as mean to Bella, but she wasn't much better" Natasha paused for a second and then continued. She knew that she couldn't stop or she'd never finish.

"Well, as time passed, my mother became anxious to get rid of us. She kept telling me how much she wanted us to leave and she'd be happy the day that we never came back. A little bit before the ball she had come up with a plan. She told me that I had to go to your ball. She told me that she had set everything up and that I was to pretend to be a Princess from some far away land. I wasn't going to go along with it until she told me that she'd sell Bella and myself to some strange man if I didn't. I would still have refused if it was just me, but Bella was there too. I couldn't have her be sold. She is just thirteen after all. So, I went to the ball and I saw you. I almost knew immediately that you were my mate, but I knew that we couldn't be. Well, I thought we couldn't. I thought you'd find out and have me killed for pretending to be someone that I'm not. So, I tried to stay away from you, but you wouldn't leave me alone. So I ran. I feel like I would never have been able to get away from you if I tried. I ended up going home with you and hoping that you wouldn't find out and here we are" Natasha finished in a whisper. She really wasn't sure how he'd react. She finally looked up to see Emen with an angry expression. He was more livid than she had ever seen anyone in her life. She suddenly wished that she hadn't said anything.

"I'm sorry. I know I lied to you, but I didn't want to. I swear I didn't" she told him. She was trying to calm him down, but he only seemed to get more angry. He took his hands from hers and when she tried to grab ahold of them again and walked swiftly to the wall that was nearest to them and punched a huge hole in it. Cement particles spread throughout the air and she heard two gasps. One from herself and she turned to see the Queen holding her hands in front of her mouth. Natasha noticed the tears streaming down her face. Had she really hurt the two of them that bad? Well, the queen already knew. Maybe she was upset because her son was so upset? "I really am sorry Emen. I truly am" she whispered. She would have tried to hug him or rub a hand down his back to calm him down, but she felt that that would only anger him more.

He suddenly walked over to the bed she was laying on. He seemed a lot more calm. She flinched when he raised his hand up. She had thought he was going to hit her, but instead he cupped her face. He gently rubbed his thumb across her cheek. "I can't believe that anyone would treat another human being the way that woman has treated you. I can't believe that wretched woman would ever think that it was alright to say things like that to my mate let alone think about selling her to some old hag of a man. I'll tell you what. When you start to feel better, we are going to go get your sister. you better hope that when I see her, her throat won't be ripped out. It's going to take all of me not to do it" Emen whispered to her. She could still hear anger, but also pain in his voice. He brushed some hair from her face before kissing her forehead. He took a deep breath. "I need some fresh air. I'll be back in a little bit" Emen promised her before walking out of the room. The queen came over and sat down next to her after she composed herself.

"My son has a bit of an anger problem, but I believe he was right with what he said. Your mother is a terrible human being. No one should ever be treated the way that you were. I can't say that you've had the worst life, but it is a lot worse than what a life should be" she told her. "How about you rest so that you can get your little sister. I'm sure that you'll feel a lot better when you have her" she told her. She squeezed Natasha's hands before getting up and leaving. Natasha closed her eyes and thought back to how angry Emen got. It wasn't at her though. Natasha felt herself slipping back into the darkness and she just hoped that when she woke up, she felt well enough to go see her sister again. She pictured her sisters face right before she fell back asleep.