How to Make Little Lightning

I think I've discovered my new goal for the remainder of my time here. Learn magic so if Johnny steps one foot out of line I can destroy him. Physically, I've got nothing on him; he's big and tall, and muscular.

Magically however, one fling against a wall and he's out. I've done it before, and I'll do it again. Next time though, I hope he's out permanently. Two boys here have been in comas, Caleb and Thomas. If all goes according to plan, I'll do worse than a coma. Third time's the charm.

I'm not all that sure how to get to Pan's fort from here, so I simply head out into the woods, searching for a clearing. Twisting and turning, I find one that is mostly dirt, except for a large rock off to the side. This is the perfect spot.

"Pan." I call out.

He appears before me, which I'm thankful for. Plan B was going to be cutting my hand open, and I'd rather not be in pain. Not when I'm trying to use my hands anyway

"Well Charlotte, isn't it wonderful to see you." He smirks, stepping closer to me. "What do you want?"

I close the distance between our bodies, looking him dead on. He's only slightly taller than me, and I barely have to tip my head to look straight into his eyes, as our chests are pressed together.

"Can't I just want to talk to you?" I ask, cocking my head to the side.

It's more fun to tease Pan than to actually be mad and stoic. It works on Alex and Harry, but it doesn't work on him. You've got to play the game.

"We both know that's not how we work." He squints at me, a smile only daring to show itself on his face for a second.

I turn around, moving backwards. I lean against the rock, barely sitting.

"You're always going on about how you're the best at magic right?" I ask.

"I am." He offers, slowly moving closer to me.

"Right," I roll my eyes. "If you're so good, then teach me."

He shrugs, before pulling me up from the rock. "Fine."

I rip my hands out of his, before straightening myself up. The air is cool, and it makes my spine shiver. Could I have found a cloak? Probably. Would I have had to speak to the Lost Boys to do that? Absolutely.

I'd rather suffer than put up with them. The chill the cold gives me is nothing compared to the chill they do. I'll deal with this tank top for now.

"So, what am I supposed to do?" I demand.

"Stick your arms out in front of you." I hear his whisper tickling my ear before I even realise he's behind me and not in front of me anymore.

I hold my arms in front of me, inhaling sharply. "Now what?"

"Magic is like talking." He tells me. "You just know how to do it."

"I learned how to talk." I scoff. "Were you just born already able to talk? That must've been awful for your parents. Nine whole months of waiting, and out you come, and they realise you're so very annoying."

A breath escapes his mouth, and the sound of his smirk wraps its way around me. "Don't over think it."

I dare a glance at him over my shoulder. Out of the corner of my eye I can make out the corner of his lips. The pink stands out against his light skin. Almost like strawberries and cream.

"I don't think about much at all." I whisper.

I keep my hands up, before moving them harshly in front of me. Nothing happens. I don't really know what I expected to happen.