A battle begins

WHAT THE WATER GAVE ME: Florence and the Machine

They stand still, not daring to approach me and bring me to the dirt. I am a ghost plaguing their ground, scratching their home with a violent tongue they cannot understand. The reflection of a threat, both foreign and frightening. I am a force, a nightmare, and they have the only person on this island who has done no wrong. A person who I will fight and murder for.

I have come to save Max, and I will bring death in my wake.

Someone moves for me, but with the quick stomp of my foot, his knees begin to shake. It was supposed to be powerful enough to bring him down, but he doesn't know that. He can't know that. It's great that my face is not one they understand, otherwise this plan would not work.

Do I even have a plan? My plan is confidence. If I walk in like I own the place, than I shall.

"Where's the boy?" I screech out the last word, watching as they flinch around me.

How do you deal with a demon you don't understand? The same way you deal with a baby, by offering it what you think it wants until you get it right and it stops screaming. I will shake their camp to the ground.

I hit the earth below me again, and I feel the impact shake the island. No one moves, it was only a wobble anyway. It was raw anger, come to infect Neverland and break it apart. I am raw anger. Max is here, and they have taken him, and he cannot fight back. A field of cowards, blowing apart like dandelions at my screams.

"Max." I spit, spinning around. "The boy. Where is he?"

I see Inali stumble out of a tent, obviously having heard the sound of an English girl shrieking. He tightens his jaw when he sees me, only relaxing it for a moment.

"I took him." His voice is soft and calming. "But they do not know. Get out of here, and I'll take you to him."

Oh great, looks like I'm going to have to murder Inali now. Shame, he was nice enough. Always helping me, and with such a sweet girlfriend too. Not that she's alive anyway. Maybe that's my revenge.

"Give him back now." I crack my knuckles as the wind picks up. "I'm not leaving here without him."

He shakes his head, as I feel a Native grab hold of me from the back. One of them shouts something to Inali in their language, and he nods. I wish I could understand them. Why would I trust Inali when he seems to have kidnapped Max?

"Break out and run." He says. "They don't know I have him."

"Why would you take him then," I don't bother struggling, as another set of hands finds its way to me. If I wanted to get out I could level the ground in half a second. It would be as easy as snapping my fingers, or snapping a neck. "Why would you set the Med tent on fire?"

The temptation to use magic reaches me, but I advise myself against it. I'm too tired to dizzy. Magic is like driving, dangerous and only to be done when completely lucid. Otherwise, there could be some horrific consequences.