𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | MEMORIAL

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVELYN AWOKE IN ONE OF MANY SPARE BEDROOMS OF THE SALVATORE HOUSE. Since Damon found out that Evelyn was in fact still alive at the Young Farm, he hadn't really said a word to her. Stefan gave the Austin vampire a few encouraging words about how he needed time to process the fact that she was back and not dead, but she still felt slightly hurt.

Of course, Evelyn expected him to be confused and upset considering he had spent the better past of one-hundred years grieving for her. Though, she didn't expect him to outright blank her and drive away from the farm without so much as a Hello.

Damon was so consumed with feelings that he didn't really know how to deal with Evelyn Austin's return. He knew that he wanted answers to the several questions that he had, so he texted her to meet him at the Grill.

Reluctantly, Evelyn agreed. She headed into the Grill and immediately noticed the Salvatore sat on a barstool right beside the countertop. She assumed it was for easier access to the Grill's liquor supply. "So, you wanted to talk?" She asked as she slipped onto the stool beside him.

"Well, I have questions and I think you've got answers." Damon slowly spoke whilst his finger danced around the rim of his tumbler. "I guess the biggest question is: How?"

"Katherine," Evelyn revealed as she heard a small scoff escape Damon's lips. "Well, Katherine killed me with the intention of me staying dead. Emily Bennett had other ideas." She shrugged as she pulled the drink from in front of him and took a sip. "How did you and Stefan—"

"—Katherine had been feeding us her blood for weeks." Damon swallowed thickly as Evelyn nodded slowly. His eyes lingered on the bartop before he looked at her. "Why didn't you come back, Eve?"

"Because I didn't know you and Stefan were alive, Damon. If you did, don't you think I'd have found you sooner?" She raised an eyebrow as irritation lingered in her voice. "To be honest, I came back to feel closer to you— to help me move on. And then, I got myself into yesterday's situation and, here we are. I'm just glad that Katherine trapped in that damn tomb."

"Yeah, Katherine was never in the tomb." Damon finished as he noticed the brunette's eyes widen immediately. "Yeah. The devious little bitch had everyone fooled."

"So, Katherine's still alive?" Evelyn asked. Damon nodded. "Well, at least that means I get to rip her head off."

Evelyn's eyes drifted up to the Sheriff, the woman who she had tried to save yesterday. She stood beside them and dropped a newspaper onto the bartop in front of Damon. His eyes slowly dropped from Evelyn to the report. "Faulty gas line leads to tragic explosion at Young Farm." Damon and then scoffed. "Really?"

"Better than, town council blown up, police have no suspects." The Sheriff sighed, though her eyes lingered on the vampires a little longer than anyone was comfortable with. "Unless the perpetrators are right next to me." She looked at Evelyn. "What about you? You're new to town."