𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER SEVEN | DO YOU REMEMBER THE FIRST TIME?

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THE FEELING OF DAMON'S HAND WITHIN HER OWN WAS SOMETHING THAT EVELYN NEVER THOUGHT SHE'D FEEL AGAIN. As the couple walked through the corridors of the hospital to check on Alaric, all Evelyn felt was a warmth inside her. There was something about Damon that made her feel alive— complete. And, it was a feeling that had not left her since he returned.

Once they entered Alaric's private room, courtesy of Jo, Evelyn gave a sympathetic smile to the newly-mortal man. Then, she laid a bouquet of flowers on the window ledge. "Well, hey there, mister. How's mortal life treating you?"

"I won't lie to you, I feel amazing." Alaric beamed with a look of gratitude just as his eyes fell to Damon, then he let out a loud high once he saw the Salvatore play with the heart-rate monitor. "Hey, I really don't think you should be playing with all that stuff."

"Stop it," Evelyn said bluntly before she slapped his hand away from the equipment.

Damon turned away in annoyance, then his face softened into a smile, and his lips connected with Evelyn's cheek. He dropped down onto a chair in the corner of the room and pulled her down to sit on his lap. The couple let out a sigh of happiness, neither of them could express how much they enjoyed being in each other's company once again.

Jo, the woman who saved Alaric's life at the border, wandered once she heard Alaric's heart-rate monitor beeping. "Good morning," She spoke in a scolding manner, then leaned forward to mute the beeping sound.

"Hey, I don't know if this is a good time—"

"Just a heads up, Doc." Damon cleared his throat just as Jo turned her attention back to him. "You're gonna be in real high demand with a bunch of vampires who wanna be human again if you could repeat that little healing trick that you did at the border with Ric last night."

"Well, just a heads up." Jo countered in a mocking tone. "But, saving Alaric's life was a matter of treatable death-wound, perfect timing, and fear of losing the most interesting guy I've dated in a while adrenaline." She gave Alaric a smirk, then turned back to Damon. "A hundred percent unrepeatable which is why you will tell no one."

Damon glanced at his best friend with an approving smirk on his face. "She's bossy."

"Mm-hmm." Alaric hummed back with a nod.

"I'm so sorry for his ass-like behavior. Sadly, this is the only way he knows how to make friends," Evelyn shrugged while she gave the doctor an apologetic smile.

"I like her," Damon concluded in Alaric's direction with a chuckle.

"Do you have a nice suit and a clean pair of socks?" Jo asked Alaric, while the couple of vampires gave each other confused looks from their seated position.