𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | BECAUSE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

NOW THAT STEFAN'S HUMANITY WAS BACK ON, THE NEXT STEP WAS TO GET CAROLINE'S BACK, TOO. Damon, Evelyn, Elena, and Stefan all gathered in the Salvatore house to discuss the ongoing plan and how they were going to trigger an emotion in Caroline. All Evelyn wanted was the perky, neurotic blonde that they all adored, not the humanity-free bitch she currently was.

"The first step, convince her that my humanity is still off. I'll tell her that my run-in with our mother had no effect on me and I want to keep the party going." Stefan simply shrugged whilst his brother handed him a tumbler of bourbon.

"Oh, look at that. Saint Stefan has a plan." Damon mocked with a bemused smirk. "Let me guess. Whoever's holding the kitten gets to talk about their feelings?"

"Shut up, Damon." Evelyn scolded as she rolled her eyes, then turned her attention back to the younger Salvatore. "But, please tell me you've got a better idea than that."

"Torture her until she breaks."

"Sold." Damon cheered with a smirk on his face whilst he moved beside his fiancé, who took a sip of his bourbon.

The Gilbert doppelganger awkwardly cleared her throat and glanced between the vampires. "So, do I need to remind you three that last time Caroline thought we were trying to flip her switch she went on a killing spree?

"Uh. Yeah, Elena's got a point there." Evelyn nodded in agreement. "Caroline isn't stupid. She'll find out what we're doing and then she'll rip our hearts out."

"Well, she's not gonna find out this time." The younger brother shrugged with a nonchalant look on his face.

"Easier said than done, Stefan." Evelyn hummed lowly, almost as if she weren't convinced.

"Fine. Say she believes you. How do you know she's even gonna want to see you again?" Elena began to pace around the parlor while Stefan just looked down awkwardly.

"Oh, she'll want to see him,"

After Damon had consistently been muttering things under his breath, Elena and Evelyn both glanced at each other and realized there was something they didn't know about. "We're missing something. What is it?"

"Hang on a second." Elena too had the same look on her face as the other female in the room. "Did you and Caroline—"

"Do it?" Damon interrupted Elena's question with a smirk. "Yup."

"Oh." The Austin vampire's eyes widened in surprise, then she glanced over to Stefan, who looked absolutely mortified. "My God. Wow, uh— so you guys had hot no-humanity se—"

"It's not exactly how I wanted things to go down, but I can't change it now, so can we just drop it?"

"Okay. Sore subject. Understood." Damon nodded understandingly before he changed the subject. "So, what do we do once you earn her trust?"