𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐋𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER TWELVE | THE DAY I TRIED TO LIVE

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS BONNIE BENNETT'S BIRTHDAY, AND THEY WANTED TO GIVE HER THE PARTY SHE DESERVED. Even though the female was unable to be present for the day herself, they wanted to honor her and the legacy that she left behind. They wanted to party for her. Evelyn watched Damon wander into the kitchen, and a smirk drifted across his face.

"Ooh, okay. Are you smiling at me, or these cupcakes right beside me?" The brunette vampire playfully tilted her head toward Damon with a smirk on her face.

"You. Absolutely, you." Damon stepped forward and cupped Evelyn's face, for a gentle yet passionate kiss. "Good morning. You know, it's very tempting to have one of these before the party."

"I knew you were going to say that." A small chuckle escaped Evelyn's lips as she watched Damon lift one of the cupcakes from the array then he carefully pulled down the case. Evelyn moved forward and took a bite as he held it out for her. "Oh, wow. They're good."

His thumb danced against her bottom lip, removing the last final bits of chocolate from her lip before he brought his thumb back to his own mouth and sucked it. "Mm. Very good."

"Oh, come here." Evelyn extended her hand and draped it around Damon's neck as he moved closer to her. But, before their lips could meet, Elena entered the kitchen.

"Oh! Uh— sorry. I just wanted to put the rest of the decorations in here." The doppelganger awkwardly told the couple as she placed a bag and a large balloon over by the dining table.

"Hello!" Another voice tried through the vampire's ears, which caused all brows to furrow.

"No. No, it's not him. He's all merged, he's packed and he's on his way to Portland!" Damon yelled out in a hopeful voice, just as Kai wandered into the kitchen. Instead of merging with Jo, Kai merged with Luke and won.

"Wow. I forgot how massive this house was." The Parker witch chuckled, then he set his sights on the cupcakes. "Yum. Cupcakes. Sorry, am I interrupting something?"

"Not anymore." Evelyn puffed out as she removed her arm from Damon's neck. "What're you doing here?"

"Funniest thing. I need your help." Kai held up a white envelope in his hands, while the three vampires exchanged looks. "Wrote this letter for my sister, I just need you to give it to her."

At the sight of the letter between Kai's fingers, Elena folded her arms over her chest and scoffed. "Why would we give a letter to Jo?"

"I haven't been able to find her using a locator spell. And, you know, good on her 'cause under normal circumstances, I'd be super jazzed to gouge out her belly button. In case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm a sociopath. I know, shocker. I like being a sociopath, I'm not burdened by things like guilt or love. So then, this merge happened with my brother, Luke and I won. Which was great, because I absorbed his ability to do magic, but now I can't stop thinking about how Luke died. How Liv's life is ruined. For some horrible reason, I can't shake how badly I feel about it."