𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | PICTURES OF YOU

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

ELENA HAD VOWED THAT IF THEY CONTINUED TO TRY TO GET THE CURE FOR HER, SHE WOULD KILL PEOPLE. Though, in a strange lapse of judgment, Elena hadn't killed anyone in recent days. Evelyn, Damon, and Stefan had tried to intervene every time Elena attempted to attack a local, so they guessed she may have given up.

"So, what's it been?" Damon raised an eyebrow toward his brother as he tossed a football toward him. He stood on one side of the room, Evelyn sat on the couch right between them, and Stefan stood behind the couch. "Eight? Nine days?"

Evelyn rolled her eyes as she felt the football fly above her head once more. She glanced up from her cellphone and looked at Damon. "To be honest, I lost count. I was hoping one of you two would know."

"We lost count of the consecutive days in which Elena Gilbert has not killed anyone. I'd say that's progress." Damon chuckled as he caught the football and then tossed it back to his brother.

"So, what are we gonna do? Just—uh, throw the football for another hundred and fifty years until Elena gets her humanity back?" Stefan questioned while his brother just shrugged. "Because I'm cool with that."

"She doesn't want the cure. She's gonna start killing people if she knows we're still trying to get it for her."

"You two are idiots, you know that?" Evelyn rolled her eyes, slid her phone into her pocket, and got up from the couch. "There's more than one way to go about this. We just need to make Elena want the cure."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, gorgeous, but how are you going to make an emotionless vampire want anything?" Damon raised his eyebrow toward the brunette vampire.

"No, no. Evelyn's onto something here." Stefan nodded in agreement. "Get her to flip her humanity switch."

The eldest Salvatore rolled his eyes and glanced between Stefan and Evelyn. "What are we gonna do? Pull a Lexi and bombard her with emotions until one of them sticks?"

"Yeah, and if that doesn't work we go to plan B. Lock her up, keep her sidelined until us three work out a plan C."

"Sounds like a plan." Evelyn clapped her hands together with a smirk on her lips. "That high school prom is tonight, right? There's no way that Elena would miss that. Plus, the theme is Pictures Of You."

Evelyn rolled her eyes as she heard a scoff leave Damon's lips. "What sort of dumbass came up with that theme."

"Caroline did." Stefan folded his arms across his chest and then smirked as he noticed Evelyn gave Damon a pointed look. "I actually think it'll be good. There will be pictures of Elena with the people she cares about. Hopefully one of those pictures can trigger an emotion."