𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER ELEVEN | 500 YEARS OF SOLITUDE 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVELYN LOVED THE FEELING OF LAYING IN BED WITH DAMON SALVATORE'S ARMS WRAPPED AROUND HER BODY. When she was human, she often fantasized about being with Damon would truly feel. She teased herself, hoping that one day her dreams would become realities. And, as she admiringly gazed at the sleeping Salvatore beside her, she knew all those fantasies were worth it. He was worth it.

She remained looking at him for a moment with a smile appearing on her lips before she finally decided to sit up. To Evelyn's surprise, once she sat up she felt Damon's arms move from her as she chuckled softly. "Morning. Did I wake you?"

"Would you care if I said yes?" Damon raised an inquisitive eyebrow as Evelyn looked over her shoulder at him. "Hm. See, that look in your eyes tells me everything I need to know. What's up? You seem cheerier than usual. You're not usually a morning person."

"Oh, I know. Neither are you, come to think of it." She smirked before leaning down and placing a kiss on his lips. "I just feel like today's gonna be one hell of a good day."

"Really? And why's that?"

"I can just feel it." The vampire chuckled once more as a phone call began to come through from none other than Stefan. "Stef, you better have one hell of a good reason for ringing me at this hour."

"Actually, yes. I think you and Damon are gonna wanna hear this." Stefan's somber tone of voice caused both the vampire's to raise their eyebrows. 

"Continue," Damon spoke into the phone as Evelyn folded her arms across her chest.

"Katherine's dying. I don't think she'll survive the rest of the day."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

After the phone call about Katherine's impending death, Damon and Evelyn gathered Matt and Jeremy in the library along with Bourbon and shot glasses. It was only fitting that the death of Katherine Pierce was celebrated the only way they knew how— with alcohol.

"Rule number one." Damon shortly began while he prepared the glasses with Bourbon. "Think of the worst thing Katherine Piece has ever done to you. Rule number two, toast to the glory of her impending death. Rule number three, if you come across something that's worse, which you will, repeat rules one and two." The Salvatore quickly grabbed a shot glass and held it up, "She pretended to be locked in a tomb for 145 years while I waited for her lying ass." He took a shot and then looked over at Jeremy. "Wait, does that beat pretending to be Elena and kissing me on the front porch of your old house?"

The younger Gilbert smirked and then shrugged his shoulder, "I don't think so."

"I don't think so either," Damon nodded in agreement before downing another shot. "Quarterback, go!"