𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN | RESIDENT EVIL 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVELYN WAS GENUINELY SURPRISED AT ELENA'S REACTION TO HER ENGAGEMENT. Given her rocky history with the doppelganger and Damon, Evelyn half-expected Elena to be cut-up about the whole thing. Though, Elena had taken it pretty well and even suggested that Evelyn join her and Caroline for coffee in the Grill— which Evelyn happily agreed to. She wanted to get in a good place with Elena, just like she was with everybody else. 

As Evelyn wandered into the Grill, she immediately caught sight of the blonde and the doppelganger seated at a table just a short distance from the door. "Hey, I bought you a coffee."

"Oh, you're amazing. God knows I need caffeine so bad right now." Evelyn groaned out as she sat herself down on one of the seats and then furrowed her brows toward Elena. The girl hadn't said a single word to her, instead she just gripped her keys tightly.  "Elena, you okay?"

Caroline glanced at Evelyn with furrowed brows, then began to wave her hand in front of Elena's eyes to get her to respond. She assumed the girl had just zoned out. "Elena? Hello! Elena!"

Suddenly, a gasp left Elena's lips. She looked around the room with a dazed and panicked look on her face. "How did I get here? I was just standing in the doorway."

"Uh, you walked." The Forbes girl furrowed her brows with confusion, though after a few moments, she came to a conclusion. "Hang on. Did you just have one of those dreams, like, right here?"

"I didn't feel like a dream, okay? It felt like it was real, like, I was just there."

"What dreams?" Evelyn furrowed her brows and glanced between the two females, as if she were waiting for one of them to explain what was going on. "

"Elena's been having dreams about Stefan," Caroline informed her friend, then lifted her cup of coffee up with an unreadable look on her face. 

"Oh. Wow. Really?" Evelyn raised an eyebrow at the fact that Elena was dreaming about her ex-boyfriend.

"Yeah." Elena sighed heavily, then rested her arms on the table as she set her sights on Caroline. "Caroline, if you bite your tongue any harder, you'll bleed. Say it."

"It's psych 101. Actually, it's whatever comes before 101. You're having dreams about Stefan—" The vampire attempted to explain, but Elena interrupted.

"—It's not just about Stefan, okay? My parents were still alive. It was like a different life."

Whilst Elena was attempting to explain the mysterious dreams she'd been enduring, Caroline's phone began to vibrate on the table in front of them. All eyes averted down to the caller ID that read Stefan, then Evelyn chuckled. "Wow. Check out the timing on this guy."