𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

CHAPTER EIGHT | DEAD MAN ON CAMPUS 

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

SINCE BONNIE'S RETURN BACK FROM THE OTHER SIDE, CAROLINE AND ELENA HAD PLANNED A PARTY. It was a well-needed welcome home party to celebrate Bonnie's return from the dead— again. Caroline had invited Evelyn and Damon to the event, though Damon did not seem too thrilled about going to a college party.

"So, you're seriously saying you want your lovely girlfriend to attend this thing on her own?" Evelyn pouted toward Damon as she wandered back into their bedroom from the bathroom. She raised an eyebrow toward the Salvatore, who was laid across the bed.

"I'm not saying that." Damon rolled his eyes as she lifted himself upright the minute Evelyn moved over to him. "I just don't think the partying with a bunch of college students is the best use of my time."

"Right. But, it's for Bonnie. Under usual circumstances, I'd be against it." Evelyn knew that she was wearing Damon down the minute she heard a heavy sigh leave his lips.

"Do you really want to go?"

"Yes. Of course, I do." Evelyn immediately nodded with a hopeful look in her eyes. "It's a party, Damon. There aren't any more threats, Bonnie is alive, and I want to get absolutely wasted with you." There was a moment of silence, and Damon's stone-cold expression turned into a smile. "You're the best. Oh, by the way, Caroline wants Stefan to be there. You know, after everything that he's been through lately it might actually be good for him to get out and enjoy life for once."

"One problem, he has his memories back which means he hates all of us— apart from Barbie, and potentially you." Damon's eyes studied his girlfriend, who immediately started looking through dresses to wear for the party.

"Well then, you make him like you. Do that whole brotherly-love type crap that you know you're secretly good at, but choose not to do it because you wanna be all kinds of manly." The brunette vampire shot him a smirk.

"Oh, trust me." Damon sped up behind her and placed his hands on her hips. "I'm plenty manly."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

The two had completely given up on the idea of Stefan coming to this party. He was too busy getting drunk on his own, and no matter how hard Evelyn tried, Stefan was insistent that he wanted to be alone to deal with whatever he was going through. Damon had informed her that before they headed to the party, they had to take care of Dr. Wes Maxfield— the professor that threatened to out Elena and Caroline as vampires.

"No. The party is the other corridor." Wes groaned out the minute that Damon and Evelyn entered his lab. Evelyn sped behind him and pushed him straight down onto a gurney, while Damon strapped him in.