𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

CHAPTER FOURTEEN | STAND BY ME

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

WHEN EVELYN FINALLY REGAINED CONSCIOUSNESS, SHE DISCOVERED EVERYTHING HAD GONE TO HELL. Apparently, Katherine Pierce had been following their every move since they arrived on the island. She pretended to be Elena, fed Jeremy's blood to Silas, and ended up killing him in the process.

"How'd this happen?" Damon asked in complete confusion as he and Evelyn stood in front of Stefan. They were all desperate to wrap their heads around the situation.

"It was Katherine," Stefan stated and suddenly Evelyn gritted her teeth. She hated Katherine Pierce with every fiber of her being. "She must've been following us this whole time."

"What about the cure? Or Silas?" Damon snapped. He was clearly annoyed at the fact that Katherine Pierce had one over on them—again.

"If there was anything in there at all, it's all gone," Stefan explained.

"No. You have got to be kidding me. We traveled all this way for, what? Nothing!" Evelyn groaned furiously. "And, as expected, Katherine is long gone and I didn't even get the chance to feed the bitch her intestines."

Damon eyed up the tomb in hopes the Bennett witch would be around somewhere. "Where the hell is Bonnie?"

"I have no idea. She went looking for Jeremy last night and she never came back." Stefan began to lower his voice and his whole body began to stiffen. "Guys, Elena's in there waiting for the Gilbert ring to bring Jeremy back to life but— Jeremy was one of the five, a hunter."

"He's supernatural. The ring won't work anymore." Damon slowly blurted out, looking guilty as hell. "She won't survive this. I'll find Bonnie, you both need to take Elena off this island."

"Wait, what?" Evelyn's eyes widened at the thought of leaving Damon alone on the island, especially since Silas was awake. "Surely I should stay with you." Evelyn's eyes wandered to the eldest Salvatore, they contained nothing but worry for his safety.

"Listen to me, I'll be fine. I just need you safe. I don't want to even risk the slightest chance of this immortal freak hurting you. Okay?" Damon locked his eyes onto the brunette who reluctantly shot him a small smile and nodded. "Thank you."

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ──

The three walk inside the Gilbert home. Evelyn walked first and she caught the attention of Caroline, who was busy cleaning the kitchen. "Hey, you're home! I was trying to clean the burn mark where Kol—"

The blonde was cut off by Elena and Stefan's entrance. The Salvatore held Jeremy's dead body in his arms, covered in a blanket.

"Come on, let's get him upstairs." Elena waved Stefan up the staircase as Evelyn walked into the kitchen to explain the situation to her friend.