𝐓𝐖𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐘 𝐎𝐍𝐄

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE | GRADUATION

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

EVELYN STEPPED OUT OF THE SHOWER AND ALL SHE COULD HEAR WAS MUSIC BLARING FROM DOWNSTAIRS. A small grunt of irritation left her lips as she wrapped a towel around her body and headed down the staircase in the direction of the music. When she entered the parlor, she saw Stefan sat on the couch while Lexi danced to the music.

"Could you guys be any louder?" The brunette vampire scoffed as she wandered over to the liquor and poured herself a glass just as Damon walked in.

"Damon! Help me celebrate my 17th high school graduation!" Stefan called out gleefully in the direction of her older brother, he just turned off the music. "Hey. You remember my friend, Lexi, of course?"

The blonde vampire chuckled sped toward Damon and pinned him against the wall with her hand clenched around his neck. "What's up, Buzzkill?"

"Eve, Stefan, you just gonna let her enact her ghostly revenge?" Damon spoke in a strained voice as he glanced between his brother and the brunette.

"I mean, you did kill her so, what goes around." Evelyn trailed off with a smirk on her face as Damon gave her a pointed look.

"Let be very clear; whatever time I have left, I sure as hell don't plan on wasting on you. You got me?" Lexi spoke in a vicious tone that caused a sigh to leave the Salvatore's lips.

"Yeah. Got ya." As soon as Lexi released her grip on his throat, he gasped. "So, if you and Ric and little Gilbert are all flesh-like and real-seeming, that means something went horribly wrong when Bonnie tried to put that veil up. And here you two are, having dance party USA."

"What?" Evelyn's eyes widened fearfully as she glanced over to Damon. "Something horribly wrong, like what?"

"You know, Damon, you're right. How selfish of me to be indulging in these precious moments with my formerly dead best friend. I should be sacrificing my own happiness for the good of others, right?" Stefan gasped. "I should be upstairs grooming my hero-hair."

Damon furrowed his brows toward his younger brother. "Are you drunk?"

"I don't know, Mom. Am I?"

Damon stepped forward and snatched the bottle from Stefan. "Well, I guess that's one way to celebrate our supernatural apocalypse." He took a swig from the bottle. "Now, care to hazard any guesses on what the hell went wrong?"

Shortly after Lexi and Stefan excused themselves, a knock on the door caused Damon to roll his eyes and wander over to it, though he wasn't prepared for who he saw. "Vaughn?"

The vampire hunter from the island of Nova Scotia simply lifted a gun and shot Damon straight in the shoulder. "Got a little message for you, laddie. Straight from the mouth of the witch Qetsiyah." Evelyn stepped forward and bullet the bullet from Damon's shoulder as he cried out in pain. "Yeah. Borrowed it from my jarhead friend, Connor. Shoots wood like lead."